Twenty Seven [Marry Me]

Ella

It's been a complete fortnight since I haven't met my mother, Denis and Anneliese. But Anneliese has been calling me every day to make sure I am doing fine.
My life changed under a blink, and I am happy to meet my mother again.

Vincenzo storms inside my penthouse and I just glare at him from the dining table. I don't smile or give him any reaction. He holds out a chair and sits down in front of me.

"How are you doing?"

I shake my head and continue eating in silence.

"Are you angry with me?" His lowers his voice as he gazes at me.

I shrug.

"Look I am sorry." He adds.

After finishing with my food, I stand up and stride to the kitchen then wash the dishes.

Vincenzo comes to stand next to me. "Will you say something?" He sounds irritated.

I act like there is nobody in the room and continue doing the dishes. Once I'm done I head to the living room and grab my phone. He snatches the phone from my hand and pushes me on the wall and pins me with his hands. He brings his face close to mine and I gaze into his alluring eyes.

"Say something." He grits before capturing my lips. He isn't being rough, but he kisses me softly then he pulls away.

"You left me." I add. "For many days. You just don't care about me." I pout and he smirks then kisses me again.

He is grinning at me, and he looks like a teenage boy-damn he is cute.

"You told me to stay away from you. I was just listening to you."

"Why do you usually do as I say? You are not this kind of person."

"I feel it right while listening and obeying you." He mutters then me plants a kiss down my neck near my cleavage. My palms become sweaty, and my heart pick a rate. Adrenaline shots through me.

"Why are you always nice to me?" I ask him, and he stops kissing me then meet my gazes.

"I want you." His voice is seductive, and I breathe in and exhale then nod my head in acceptance.

"You already have me." I correct him.

"But I want to live every single day with you." He tells me and my eyes widen.

He takes something out from his pocket. It's a freaking ring. He slips it into my ring finger.

"Marry me." He demands with a little smile as he gazes into my eyes and I shiver at his words all of a sudden.

"Are you asking me or are you conquering me?" I half smile.

"As you said: I already have you. Marriage is just a formality."

"What about the Valkin contract?" I shake my head as I look at him into the eyes. His pupils dilated, "They stepped back.
Anneliese doesn't want to marry me.
Maybe she loves somebody else, and her father ended the contract amidst the two families."

"Is this a good news?" I hesitate to ask him.

He nods instantly, "of course it's a good news."

Is he really into me, or he is acting just like me?

VINCENZO

I exchange a glance with Ella and something assures me that she is behaving awkward. I am already going through a lot of havoc. The Valkin has stepped back from their contract which is definitely dubious. Denis Valkin was waiting for this opportunity to get Anneliese married with me, and now he doesn't want it anymore...

I know there is something strange out there, and I will have to find out soon, I have already got Kairos and Kenzo to start digging the real story and I may get a result under a week. Denis Valkin has been out rivals for years now, and I have been keeping all his weaknesses under my grip. The Russian mafia is extremely powerful, and I am always ready to destroy him if he does something to me or my family.

"Do you love me?" Ella asks me as she takes a bite from the steak on her plate. We are having dinner at her penthouse. She gazes at the ring in her finger then flickers to me.

I nod, "yes." Then I stare at the glass of whiskey on the table. My teeth grit together, and I know she is glaring at me. I don't want to meet her gazes as I am betraying her.

The truth is, I don't love her. I never did, and my purpose wasn't to marry her and make her my wife. I need a wife that's why I am marrying her, after my marriage my father claims that he will make me the future underboss of New York and I brought Ella at the auction because I needed to put someone before me, I registered my club under her name so that if ever I'll be doomed and lose everything-I know I have that club which is safe under her name. New York is weak right now - we barely have enough soldiers thus the rivals are increasing day by day. Last time I was shot and nearly died; now I don't have a glimpse of idea what will happen.

In other words, I am framing Ella. She doesn't know what she is getting herself in.

And yes, I hate myself for making her regret the life she will be living with me.

I used to love someone, and now she isn't here anymore-after her; I don't think I will be able to fall in love again. She was everything I had.

Her name was Bella.

"Vincenzo." Ella says, and I lift my gazes to her.

"Are you okay?" Her voice is soft and calm.

"Yeah." I respond coldly. "I just need some sleep." I leave in the middle of dinner.

"But you haven't finished your food yet." She mutters.

"Leave me alone." I utter then go upstairs and close myself in a room. Sitting on the bed, I bury my face in my palms.

The reason that I am living is for my family and until I don't find the sinners who snatch Bella from me. Closing my eyes, I see Bella; she is smiling. Her pretty brown hair flowing around her face and her emerald eyes are shining through her olive skin. I imagine kissing her pink heart shaped lips. I remember meeting her the first time, and she was shy to speak to me; her first impression on me was that I am a beast-which was true, but I changed only for her.

Tears brim into my eyes.

She was scared of me. I had stop sinning for her. I remember not touching alcohol for years and quit smoking even though it was killing me from the inside. Every time I was having rough days, I used to rush home just to see her face so that it would soothe all my pain.

After her; I became a beast which I never saw growing. I still wish we were together. Whenever I see Ella I attempt to search for Bella in her even though they are two utter different individuals.

Marrying Ella will screw me, but I don't seem to have a choice.

♡♡♡
A/N

How is this story so far?

PLEASE, tell me what you expect will happen? I really need some opinions in order to continue as I'm dealing with writer's block.

Thanks for reading and supporting me. I love you all ♡