Chapter 25: The Vengeance 1

"Revenge can only be found on the road to self-destruction." ― Wayne Gerard Trotman

(Unedited)

Austin, Texas

[Clara Bell POV]

I went to work with the thought of her reeling in my head. I tried to shake it off and focused myself on the customers. It was busy from seven to ten at night but when it struck eleven till four in the morning, the customer lessened. I'm done at five in the morning. The cafe was 5 minutes away to Sister Therese house by bus. I could walk but it will take me 20 minutes before I could reach the house and the place wasn't too safe to walk at that time.

I was standing at the cashier today while Melrica was my runner. I hate in the cashier but she arrived earlier so I have no choice. Then a tall muscular guy walked into the door in three piece suit, looking rather ruggedly handsome. The suit didn't hide the ruggedness in him. Scruffy hair, rather built that the suit can't hide. He had a bloodshot eyes. He look stunned at first when he saw me but compose himself shortly and smiled.

"Good evening, what can I get for you Sir?" I smiled but didn't reach my eyes. This kind of looks only brings trouble and when I say trouble 'big heartache, a big hole in the heart!' Just like the hole Rafael left in my heart!

"Large black coffee Ms. pretty!" he smiled flirtatiously.

"Is that all Sir?" I asked wanting to wipe the conceited smile plastered in his face while openly flirting with me.

"Yes, unless you want something, then add it in my the list." he replied grinning widely. I ignored his innuendo.

"That would be 5 dollar Sir!" I said with a force smile.

"Five dollar for a black coffee?" he gape at me. Yes, since he's conceited I made the Black coffee 5 dollar instead of 3.60 dollar. Melrica nudge me on the elbow and smiled at the guy.

"She meant 3.60 dollar Sir!" she smiled sexily and gave him his coffee.

"You were bragging me to order something for me yet you can't pay a 5 dollar bill?" I raise my eyebrow challengingly.

"Of course, who said I couldn't pay a 5 dollar, I owned a fucking chains of cafe's including this one... that's why I'm a bit surprised Miss. I don't remember changing the price of the product." He stated haughtily making me gasped in surprise and I wanted to smack my head for such temperamental.

Oh God, I hope she won't fire me.

I felt my cheeks flustered and look away but his eyes. He chuckled and paid the coffee. I was silent and praying he will left immediately. But again, today wasn't my luck.

"Miss, what's your name?" he asked nonchalantly. I looked at him worriedly. Oh no.. Not again. I can't lost this job. And like he can read my mind. " I won't fire you don't worry." he chuckled sexily making me smile and gave him my name.

"Please sit with me Bell.." he then invited and nod on Melrica to take over. Melrica smiled at me and motioned to go ahead. I walked reluctantly out of the counter then followed him to one table at a corner.

I occupied the seat across him.

"Are you sure you don't want anything Bell?" he asked sweetly no traces of arrogance he just showed me a while ago.

"No, I'm good Sir!" I replied politely. "Is there anything you want to talk about Sir on why you want me to sit with you?" I inquired without preamble. I just don't like the feeling of sitting with the boss while I should work. He looks handsome, for sure any woman would die for just to be in my place now.