New Struggles

I laid on my bed tossing my soccer ball in the air. I could hear Brit down stairs taking care of her crying babies, and for now, our little conversation would be pushed back for a while. As for me, I was met with my own problems. With our soccer team being self-sufficient, without any help from a coach, we have been too preoccupied to do tryouts. Our team was small enough as it was last year, and we had two girls graduate, making our team smaller to play this season. We were set for this season, having the bear minimum amount of players, but then Lynn found out that she was moving, leaving us with too few of players, and unqualified for the season

All thoughts of my magical weekend, and my worries regarding Bryce and his brother were put on hold. My phone laid next to me on the bed, and was constantly vibrating from all the girls freaking out. I let out a sigh and reached for my phone, joining the group chat.

"I have an idea. Tryouts for our team next Friday. Spread the word." I texted.

"Awesome!" Kimmie texted back.

Before my phone started freaking out with all the girls responses, I turned it off, grabbed my ball and headed down stairs. Brit had just put Alice and Avery down for a nap, and it was quiet downstairs. Brit was in the kitchen, a towel over her shoulder as she cleaned out the bottles. When she heard me enter the kitchen, she wiped her hands and turned around.

"Hey Summy! Did you figure out a solution to the teams' problem?"  She asked leaning against the counter.

I tossed the ball between my hands, "Yeah, were going to have tryouts next Friday."

"Hmm, sounds good." She said nodding.

"How's Alice and Avery doing?" I asked.

She sighed, "They both just broke their fever. Their doctor says it's just a bug, and that I just need to keep a close eye on them for the next couple of days."

"Aw, poor things."

"Yeah, but they'll be alright. It's nice to have a live in Nurse. Your mom is an absolute angel!"

"Yeah, she's pretty awesome." I said, as I continued to toss the ball back and forth. When she didn't respond, I looked up to see Brit had a devious grin plastered on her face.

"What?" I asked

"Sooo..."

"So?" I asked

"So what happened with you and Bryce?" she asked.

I felt my cheeks burn bright red, "Well, umm." I cleared my throat.

"I still can't believe you and Bryce did it!"

"Well, yeah, umm... I just thought the time was right, ya know..?"

"Mhmm." Brit said, with a grin.

"Well, this weekend we also decided a date for our wedding!" I said giddily.

"Oh my gosh! Really?! When?"

"The first week of June. It'll be shortly after I graduate."

"Do I get help plan?" she asked.

"Duhh! It'll be nice to have someone other than Bryce's mom. She's sweet and all, but I want to have my own wedding, not her wedding. Ya know?"

"Yeah, of course! I can't wait to help y-" Brit was cut off by the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"I'll get it!" I told her, heading towards the door. I tucked the ball under my arm, and opened the door.

"Dylan?" I said in shock.

Dylan stood on my porch, with a perplexed look on his face. He wore a jean jacket, with a plain black shirt underneath. His hair looked messy, but it fit.

I looked back into the kitchen, but Brit had gone back to cleaning the bottles. I shut the door quietly and turned back to Dylan.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shoved his hands in his pocket and looked away, "My mother said you guys would be coming back today. So figured I'd come over and ask how your weekend went with my brother."

"Well, I barley saw your brother. I was on one of those tours for the university." I lied, crossing my arms.

Dylan chuckled, and looked back at me with an amused look on his , "Aw, come on Summer. Do you really think I'm an idiot? I'm shocked both our parents actually fell for it!"

"So, did you tell them?" I asked, leaning against the door.

"No, I figured it wasn't my place. Usually I would jump at the situation to mess with Bryce, but I'm trying this new thing where I don't screw up my relationship with my brother."

I smiled, "Hmm, I like this new you."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in awhile. I want to thank those of you who posted those awesome comments last chapter (you know who you are). Those kind of comments make my day! :)

For this chapter i want 30 votes and 30 comments!