one

01. "Hello, Brother"

A young couple sat in their car, driving to their destination.

"Why do you drag me to these dumb superhero movies?" the girl complained, "There's too many, I can't keep track of who's who, their names and their outfits and who flies and who turns to ice, who poops fire--it's too much".

The boy let out an amused chuckle, "Well, that's why you have me" he said, looking over at his girlfriend, while driving in a very foggy road.

"Okay, well, now we're on overload, I'm done".

"Then I'm done with your dystopian teen crap movies, we don't need them either".

The girl let out a small scoff, "Okay, fine, maybe I'll do one more superhero".

"You know, to be honest, I'm just glad the whole vampire craze is over".

"Ugh" the girl said, looking at her boyfriend in amusement, she then turned back to watch the road when her eyes landed on someone standing in the middle of it, "Watch out!" she suddenly yelled.

The boy quickly dodged the person standing in the middle of the road and kept on driving.

"What the hell?" he wondered, looking back in his rear view mirror, "I almost hit that guy, what's he doing in the middle of the road?".

The girl shrugged her shoulders, she turned back to the front, only to see other person standing infront of their car, "Look out!" she yelled, but it was too late as their car hit the person.

The couple quickly got out of their car and rushed towards the person they hit.

"He's dead" the girl cried, looking down at the body infront of her.

"Oh, no, no" the panicked boy whispered.

Suddenly the couple heard someone clapping behind them, turning around their eyes landed on Damon.

"First of all, let me applaud you on your quick reflexes" Damon said, "The way you just whipped by me, it was impressive".

Enzo, who the couple hit, groaned in pain and suddenly sat up, shocking the already frightened couple.

"What is this?" the boy asked, feeling extremely confused.

"This is what is known as a slow night" Damon informed, "I mean I thought we'd go with the old guy in the road standby and you almost got by us".

"Yeah, maybe it's time we, let this one go" Enzo stated, cracking his neck, "It hurts".

Enzo then stood up and walked over to the couple, "What do you want?" the boy asked.

"We could use a ride" Enzo replied, "It's the least you could do".

"Come on" Damon said, "I'll drive".

***

"Okay, a little backstory because it's only fair--my friend here, Enzo, and I are the unwilling employees--".

"We're not really employees" Enzo interrupted, as the group of four entered the slaughterhouse.

"Yeah, more like slaves, serfs, lackeys" Damon corrected.