Lay Me Down Chapter 41

Here's another upload!!!

Special thank you to all the new fans. I appreciate you fanning and I hope you are enjoying what you are reading so far.

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat on the couch watching TV with Jay while Ariel—yes, she was back—and Carter talked about some upcoming yearly ball that they were going to at his job. I think they were discussing their attire and the dates it was going to be on. I leaned my head on the edge of the couch as my eyes stayed glued to the TV screen. We were watching this movie called Man on Fire with Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. It was actually a good movie and it was sad. Ariel and Carter came and sat on the couch adjacent to ours and also began watching the movie. I was working up the courage every day to try to get the nerve to tell Carter how I really felt but it was just so hard especially when he had a girlfriend and it seemed as if he had no interest in me whatsoever. Jay kept urging me to talk to him, but it wasn’t much coming from him when he wouldn’t even talk to Jenny.

 I sighed and continued to watch the movie. Jay laid his head on my shoulder and I pushed him off. He glared at me and I laughed earning a suspicious look from Carter and Ariel. Jay, in return, laid his head on my lap and when I tried to knock him off he bit my thigh.

“Jay!” I said shocked.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“You jerk! Get off of me!” 

“No, you’re comfy,” he said as he placed his head back on my lap. 

I chuckled. “Whatever,” I said ignoring him and letting him have his way as I continued to watch the movie.

The movie ended about an hour later and Jay finally gave me my space.

“So Lizzie, you want to sleep with me tonight?” Jay asked out of the blue. I snapped my head in his direction.

“What?” I gasped.

“I’m kidding, totally kidding! Carter, do not kill me,” Jay stated laughing.

“Shut up Jay!” I said punching his arm. “You are so stupid.”

“I just wanted to see the reaction and all of your faces were priceless!” 

I looked over at Carter and Ariel and they didn’t seem too amused. “Is anything going on between you and Lizzie,” Carter asked.

“You want the truth?” Jay said immediately as he tapped on my leg secretly signaling for me to play along. I chuckled.

“Duh,” Carter replied.

“You won’t be mad,” Jay asked seriously.

“Why would I be mad,” Carter asked. Dang, that one hurt; he doesn’t care if I slept with his best friend. That means a lot!