my best friend

my best friend: the maybank twins realize that there's no stronger bond than siblings.
———
jj being a protective brother has been super requested<3
———
just the og pogues in this one
———

The only thing worse than having a brother is having that brother be the one and only JJ Maybank. Not only that, but being his twin.

"Dads drunk again!" I yelled as I entered the house and dropped my backpack. Dad was passed out on the couch, bottle of liquor clung to his chest like a child with a baby blanket, "Can you help me get him to his room?"

"Just let him sleep there, he did it to himself," JJ walked down the hall and leaned his shoulder against the wall, "Seriously, Y/n, you care too much." He mumbled. I ignored his words and slipped my arms under my dads, trying my best to lift him off the couch but failed when I wasn't strong enough.

"Better than not caring at all," I argued, shooting him a glare, "Help me and I'll give you ten bucks." I grabbed the ten from my back pocket and flashed it at him, knowing that he was easily persuaded.

"Fine," He groaned and trudged over. With his help we easily got dad into bed and I pulled the comforter up over him, "You coming with us to that party at the BoneYard tonight?" JJ passed by me and snagged the ten from my pocket, slipping it into his own.

"I'd rather drink boiling water," I sarcastically smiled at him. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed being around the pogues and doing stuff with them, but parties? Not really my thing.

"Come on," JJ insisted and sat on the coffee table across from me, where I sat comfortably on the couch while slipping my Biology book from my bag, "No way, put that shit down," He snagged the book from me and tossed it to the other side of the couch, "It's Friday night, everyone is going. I'm not gonna let everyone think my sister is a loser."

"I prefer homebody," I rolled my eyes and grabbed the book, opening it to the chapter I needed to study, "Now leave me alone, I have a quiz on Monday." He huffed and stood up from his spot, then made his way down the hall and I heard his bedroom door close. Minutes later my phone began ringing.

"Hello, John B," I greeted.

"You're coming to that party tonight, don't be a loser," I wish I could shoot lasers through walls, because I knew my brother was going to pull something like this.

"Interesting, my brother just called me that," I trailed off and began chewing on the cap of my pen, "He didn't happen to text you, did he?"

"No way, I just wanna see my favorite Maybank," Leave it to John B to smooth talk his way into my brain and convince me out of the house, "Kie says she needs you to come with us."

"Only for Kie," I answered, I heard Kie yell 'I love you' and I laughed, "I love you, too! I'll, uh, see you guys later, I guess."

After the phone call, I dropped my book and sauntered my way to my brothers room. He was already sitting up and seemingly waiting for my arrival, "I'm coming to that party tonight."

"I know," He clapped his hands together and stood up, grabbed his backpack, and walked past me, "Let's go."

>>>

The sun was setting over the ocean as the various partygoers drank their weight in beer. The sand was warm under my bare feet as I stood next to Kiara, drinks in hand. In the distance I saw my brother trying to do a leg stand, failing miserably so John B and Pope stepped in to assist in holding his legs.

"My brother is an idiot," I pointed out and I heard Kie exhale a laugh, "Also, my beer is gone."

"Grab me one, too? I'm gonna go make fun of JJ," She handed me her empty bottle and I grabbed it.