Chapter 26: The Vengeance 2

"Love is not an equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed" ― Jodi Picoult

(Unedited)

[Nikolai POV]

Nikolai Markovich was back to being lonely. After knowing what his granddaughter did he was hurt and couldn't understand why she has to do that and why didn't she came back instead of lying to go on a vacation. He was too hurt that she can't forgive him yet although he misses her.

For the past 15 months all he did was facing the harsh gossips the society had thrown to his family name. Now the magazines was spreading all this horrible news about how his granddaughter got pregnant and left because the father of the child doesn't wanna marry her. She is missing because she is too ashamed to face the society especially the royals.

The words spread like a virus until it reach the palace. The king had summoned him regarding the rumors that spread like a plague all over Russia. He was just glad that the King and Queen was very open minded and kind hearted that they believe she is not what the people was accusing her and knowing that she grew up in the western world they understand the lifestyle she grew up with because their son was acting the same way and he was just there for almost 6 years studying while Tatiana lived in the US all her life.

The old Grand Duke was tempted to bring her back to the Palace but knowing the rumors was still as hot as the iron, he won't risk her life. He will wait until the rumors died down, then bring her back.

"Your Highness, we have news about her." Gannon said, excitement laced in his tone.

"How is she Gannon?" The Grand Duke asked waiting for his butler's news.

"She gave birth to a healthy baby boy and his name is "Rafael Benedict Valiente Markovich." he smiled broadly.

"So she used her father's name. I'm happy, her Dad will be happy." Nikolai smile genuinely. For almost 2 years he felt barren, he was contented and genuinely happy.

"When do you want to contact her again, Your Highness?" Gannon asked warily. He knew how the society had accused and spread the scandal without mercy.

"When it is safe for her to be back." The Grand Duke replied. The butler nod and exited the room quietly.

----{{@}}----

[Clara Bell POV]

As soon as I claimed my luggage, I head out from the baggage claim area and headed to the arrival lobby. I was so exhausted since I didn't sleep. I can'st sleep inside the plane because my head was too occupied with the thought of seeing Rafael and my son. My heart was beating loudly with just the thought of seeing him. I terribly missed him and my heart is aching to hold him again but I know that would be impossible because I knew he loathe me deeply.

My heart ripped into pieces at the thought of him hating me so much. But he didn't even think what he did to me. I don't understand why I can't forget him. He hurt me, cheated on me, and now took my son. I should hate him as much as he hated me.

I was too busy contemplating when I heard my name out. I looked around the arrival lobby where Enna was standing looking so excited. I walked quickly to where she is.

"Welcome back to New York!" she exclaimed and hug me real tight. "I miss you so much Bell!" she said softly as she pulled away from me.

"Thanks Enna." I replied hoarsely, as I tried to hold back the tears that's threatening to fall again.