Dorm Room 210: Queue The Smile

Author Note: Edited and re-written on the 2nd of October, 2017. 

No meaning behind the song, other than it's David Guetta and I do love me some David Guetta

Chapter 16:

Queue The Smile

Friday night arrives, and the girls and I get ready in their dorm, music playing in the background as makeup pile at random on the floor.

Wearing anything that doesn't cover skin never feels right on me. The white skirt Rachel let me borrow stops just before the knee, but hugs my thighs together, making it a little difficult to move without it slipping up. The red top with its thin spaghetti straps is light and comfortable, if not for the dip, exposing the highlights of my cleavage. Safe to say, I look like a candy cane.

Rachel has her arm around my shoulders, and pulls me in for a selfie with Nicole, whose attire remains warm in grey sweat pants and an oversize t-shirt. Rachel does a small fist-pump in the air. "We're gonna look so hot tonight!"

"I'm more comfortable with jeans than a skirt right now," I say, pulling down on the stretchy, white material.

Nicole sweeps her hair back into a ponytail, and grabs a curling iron while looking at me through the mirror. "You look hot in the skirt, babe. Let me finish up and I'll finish you up."

"I'm on it," Rachel says, her heels making firm sounds against the floor. Her black, short dress makes her legs look longer than what they actually are. "Stand up, let me put some falsies on you."

I blink up at her. "What?"

She waves a small, white packet. "False eyelashes. It goes so well with a winged eyeliner."

I wave her off. "Mascara is fine, thanks."

Rachel rolls her eyes. "How often do you do this? Come on, it's only for a night."

She takes a step forward, and I unconsciously take one back. "Don't hurt me."

"Trust me," she says, "I'm good with this."

"Several stabbings later you mean." Nicole scoffs. "She's perfect the way she is."

Rachel huffs, and I send a silent thank you to Nicole in the mirror. She winks.

"Can I do your hair then? I can make it as straight as mine."

"Will you burn me with the straightener?"

"Nope!" She sequels and gathers a brush and her silver hair straightener from her floor. "Sit on the bed for me, Lilly."

A warm buzz ripples down my back as Rachel gathers my hair, warming my expose skin. It actually feels good, having my hair being played with. I want this feeling to last until the day I can no longer feel anything.

"I told the guys we'll meet them at the front in ten. I still have to get dressed." Nicole fixes her ponytail and grabs the dresses from the closet.

"Have you chosen between the grey or red?" Rachel asks.

Nicole tilts her head as she holds up both dresses, flipping them back and forth, and pressing them against her torso in the mirror. "I like the grey one but it's only a thin piece. And the red is nice, but it makes me look bloated, you know?"

"Do you have any other choices?" I ask, as a warm strand falls down my neck.

"Skinny jeans and a crop top," she says.

Rachel makes a humming noise behind me. " Yeah, try that one on, Nikki."

Nicole rolls her eyes, but she grabs the jeans and off the shoulder top from her bag and throws them beside me on the bed. "This always pisses me off," she says, while she strips down to her strapless bra and matching panties. "Finding clothes that make you feel sexy but comfy costs money, right? But not everyone was born rich or have jobs."