two

02. "Today Will Be Different"

Damon sat on a table in a fancy bar, talking to a businessman.

"Started out in sales, moved up the ladder, next thing you know, I'm in charge of the whole darn operation, the ironic thing is, I'm a pacifist, I just happen to make steel-press machinery".

"Huh, so what are you doing at a gun convention?" Damon asked curiously, "If you don't mind me asking".

"No, some of our machines can be used to make parts for guns, if the client so chooses".

"Oh, like bullets" Damon said.

"Oh, no, nothing harmful".

"Hmm, what about triggers?" Damon asked.

"Well, a gun's not much good without a working trigger".

"And the little thingy that holds the bullets" Damon added.

"The magazine, right".

"And the business end, where the bullets come out" Damon continued.

The man infront of Damon let out a small scoff, "I'm merely an ancillary supplier following a corporate mandate".

"Me too" Damon informed, "My colleague and I are in the same boat", the man turned around and saw Enzo sitting on a chair and gazing out the window, a thoughtful expression on his face, "I guess everyone answers to someone, huh?".

"Tell me about it, ask my wife".

"Is she your plus-one in this shindig?" Damon asked.

"Why bring sand to the beach?" the man asked, glancing at his wife, "Huh? Kidding, right?", the man let out a laugh, "Kidding".

"Tell you what" Damon said, downing his drink, "I'm gonna bring you to my buyer, I think she's gonna find you irresistible".

***

"Pretty song, isn't it?" Sybil asked Damon and the businessman he brought along with him while floating in the pool, "There's been so much good music made in the last 200 years, my favorites are the love songs, when I made this playlist three days ago, I discovered something called a jazz standard, when somebody loves you".

As Sybil's singing reached his ears, the businessman lost control over his mind and gave into the siren's voice, in a daze state he walked straight into the swimming pool.

Sybil looked at Damon, "You enjoy this, don't you?" she asked.

"I don't know, you're the psychic, you tell me" Damon replied.

"I wish Enzo shared your sense of fun" Sybil said.

"Well, he's used to working solo, he'll come around" Damon assured.

"I hope you're right" Sybil said, "Because I need him to be like you, all in", Sybil then turned to the businessman who now stood right infront of her, she put her hands on the side of his head, "Total commitment, is what makes it fun", she then helped the man float on his back, "When somebody loves you, it's no good unless he loves you", slowly Sybil pushed the man's head underwater.