|Chapter 11|

*Hermione*

Lyra came in as I was packing my few belongings. Draco was napping once more before we left for my apartment. Harry brought me a sweater dress and tights from home as well as some of his own clothes for Draco. They weren't quite the right size, but would work to get us home.

"Are you almost ready, Miss Granger?" Her smile lit up her face. I had gotten quite close to her on my stay. It was sad to worry I may not see her again.

"I am, is Harry back? He mentioned coming to escort us home." I scratched the back of my neck, nervousness setting in. Now that we knew about the babies, it may change things more between us. A piece of me was worried he may not touch me again until the babies were born. At least, not in the way I want.

"He sure is, signing the two of you out now." She smiled and looked between Draco and I, "I do need you to be careful going home. They are okay for now,  but that was quite the scare for the smaller one." Her hand rested over my stomach, a look of concentration on her face. "There is a lot of power between the two of you, so don't be surprised if your magic acts strangely in the coming months. You can have sex, though try not to be too rough with anything. Please check in with me and let me know if you need anything, anytime."

"Thank you, Lyra. I appreciate you! Im going to miss you, a lot." I admitted, pulling her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around me.

"You remind me of my sister, she's a fighter too. She hides the delicate sides of her, despite me being willing to shoulder some of her burden." She brushed a strand of hair out of my face. As she let go, I glanced at Draco's sleeping form. He was so peaceful, for now.

"Do you think I can trust him? To continue protecting me? How do I know that he wants the babies and I?" I murmured, being as quiet as I could.

Her eyes widened, "Well, if you simply want my opinion, he loves you. He may not even know what it means yet, but he loves you. He wouldn't worry and fight so hard to protect someone he doesn't love, especially in his wounded state." She wore a sad expression, still embracing me.

"I just worry, what if we go back to school and somehow we get put in more danger? Or he falls in with his old friends? What if he decides he doesn't want us?" I felt tears prick my eyes, hand over my belly. "Hell, I don't even know what made me want him. He's always been good looking, but I hadn't ever thought about anyone but Ronald..." I shook my head, "But look where that got me? The second I decide I'm tired of the controlling, overly jealous, greedy side of him, I become nothing more than a possession to him. Something he tried to beat into submission. What if that happens at school?"

"It won't, little bird. Draco will protect you, I have seen it. Your babies will have a glorious life," She smiled, as if she knew something I didn't.

"I wish I could be so positive, I just want to bring you to school with me." I sighed, pulling back from her embrace.

"You'll have check ups with me throughout your pregnancy, making sure those babies are growing beautifully." She patted my belly. I smiled, wishing that she would come with me. We could be friends. She headed towards the door, closing it quietly behind her.

"'Mione?" Draco's sleepy voice carried, in our week or so in the hospital, he only slept if he knew someone was with me.

"Hey sleepyhead, how are you feeling?" I smiled at him, hoping that he'd feel okay soon.

"I'm great, tip top shape. Whatever you did last night was a weird type of magic." He lifted his gown up, showing me his stomach. His skin was starting to clear up. A few of the scars were gone entirely and the others were faded slightly. Strange, I thought, since I didn't know of any magic that could remove scars.

"Weird," I reached out, hesitating before I could touch his skin. He guided my hand to his chest, "I've never seen anything like this." Touching him made me feel butterflies through my belly.

"Me either, but your bruises faded the rest of the way last night too," he reached out and brushed his fingertips across my arm. Yesterday that would have made me cry from the pain. Ronald's handprints had been bruised into my skin from holding me down while he assaulted me. Now they're finally gone. 

"Would you do me a favor?" I looked down at him, moving to sit beside him on the bed. He nodded, a curious look splayed across his face.

"Anything."

"Kiss me." I blushed, trying to hide my nervousness.

"That's my pleasure, always." Our lips were suddenly pressed together, moving in synch like a perfect waltz. It wasn't until someone cleared their throat that I realized we weren't alone.

"Are you two ready to leave?" Harry's voice called from the door.

"Us, yeah-" I trailed off, "sorry about that, I didn't know you were there." I started to stand, but got pulled back into Draco's arms in the bed. He pressed another kiss to the corner of my mouth.

"I knew, however, I didn't care," His smirk made my lower belly heat up. Clearly he knew what he was doing to me, winking at me as he pulled me into his arms.

"Well, let's save the snogging for your own room at the apartment, shall we?" Harry looked uncomfortable, his eyes remaining on the wall by the window. I held back a laugh.

"We'll see about that," Draco grinned, flashing his beautiful smile at me. "Are you on magic duty, or shall we meet you at the flat?"

"I'll apparate us if you don't mind. I don't want her out of my sight until we've reached her place again." Harry gestured to me, my face leaned against Draco's chest. His shirt smelled of Harry's favorite cologne, but was slowly combining with Draco's own scent.

He nodded, carrying me over to Harry. Harry placed a hand on both of us and suddenly we were back in my new living room. The smell of cleaning supplies told me Mrs. Weasley had been over to clean the blood and mud from my home. I noticed that the list by the door no longer had Ronald's name on it, which made me feel safer.

"Thank you, both. I appreciate you being here. Draco, even if that means you're only here because you had no where else to go, thank you for feeling safe with me." I smiled up at him as he set me down. He embraced me, kissing my forehead.

"You're a gift, Hermione Granger." He sounded different, softer than he used to. When I looked back up at him, he had a few tears in his eyes.

"Look at you, Malfoy, not being a twat for once." Harry chuckled, earning a dirty look from me.

"Harry, don't be such a jerk. You don't like when he is rude to anyone, so let's not poke fun at him when he shows kindness." I hadn't bit at Harry like this over a man before. He visibly backed away, confused as I pressed myself further into Draco's arms.

"Sorry, Malfoy. I'm not used to this. You're not usually so... agreeable with me, let alone Hermione. I suppose I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop." Harry held his arms up, as if admitting he was wrong.

"I'm old enough to make my own choices, I don't have to fear retribution from my father for showing kindness anymore. Nor do I have to fear his reaction to my feelings, my desires for bright, lovely, beautiful witches with unruly curls." Draco raked his fingers through my hair, "Or hide my affections for such a woman who is intellectually my equal."

Harry faked a gagging noise, excusing himself to the kitchen to make dinner. Draco moved to the couch, holding out his arms for me. I happily obliged, falling asleep on his shoulder as he flipped channels on the television. Sweet peace, safety, and comfort surrounded me.

||A/N: Woohooo! Two chapters in less than 24 hours! I haven't felt so connected to my characters in a long time. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read. I look forward to exploring their journey back to Hogwarts with you all! Has anyone gotten to play the newest game? I am dying to get my hands on it!

Sending lots of love! See you soon,

XXX