|Chapter 13| Home Sweet Home

*Hermione*

Minerva hugged me, her eyes flickering to my stomach, "With what Mr. Potter told me, I know this isn't going to be a Weasley. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. Before I could open my mouth there was a crash and Draco was stepping out of the fireplace.

"Mione, did we forget anything?" He asked, looking up and very quickly shutting up.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy. Nice to see you again," She held out her hand to him, he shook it with a smile.

"Well, I guess that answers that question," I sighed, a blush on my face. She was looking between Draco and I, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"Oh, did I just-" Draco paused, "Yes, I think I did. Yes, I'm the father. But we aren't making that public knowledge for now, as Potter was the only other person who knew."

"That's no problem, I know how to keep my lips shut." She winked at me, embracing me again, "It's so good to see you back in a Hogwarts uniform."

"It is good to be back without worrying about a war," I admitted, feeling the tension leave my body. My hand naturally hovered over my stomach, "How bad do you think it's going to be when they find out?"

"It will probably come with its trials, but I know the both of you very well. Mr. Malfoy was always a good man despite all of his father's influence. You already know how highly I think of you, Hermione. The two of you will make wonderful parents, I'm glad you're beginning the generation of young witches and wizards who no longer have to worry about that sort of darkness." She laid a hand on both of our shoulders.

"Thank you, headmistress," Draco was wide-eyed. I knew he didn't think anyone could think so highly of him.

"He is pretty great, isn't he?" I let my eyes linger on him for a few moments, "We should settle in before we're off to escort the first years. Are we still using the Gray Man's portrait down the hall from the Gryffindor commons?" I remember when Ron's brother was head boy and that was the location.

"No, I think you'll both be satisfied with your new location." She led us to the hall where her own office entrance was. A little ways down was a portrait that made my breath catch and tears pricked my eyes again.

"Miss Granger, it is so lovely to see you again. Mr. Malfoy, I see you have grown into the good side of yourself," Albus' voice had tears running down my face instantly.

"Oh Professor, I missed you so much. I thought your portrait would have to be in the headmistress' office!" I cried, causing Draco to throw his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"So it's true," a slow drawl let out, "Malfoy has returned. Oh look, he brought the insufferable know it all with him." Severus was rolling his eyes at my tears as he stood tall next to Albus.

"Two of you? We get both of you?" I was confused. Normally it was just one.

"Yes, two layers of protection for you this year. We've heard you may need some extra caution." Dumbledore gestured to McGonagall. I blushed, holding my belly again. Draco laid his hand over mine.

"Anything to keep them safe," he agreed, Snape's eyes snapped to Draco's hand.

"Your father would have a cow if he saw that." Severus laughed, "I'd pay to see it, too. I'm glad you've outgrown your need to obey his every wish, Draco. Granger, we will protect you proudly."

"Thank you, Severus." I smiled, knowing he wasn't as much of a jerk as most people thought. He did play his part well, though. His sneer told me he didn't appreciate my use of his first name.

"Don't go being an arse, Snape." Draco bit out, impressing me since he always looked up to the professor, "I'll cut you out of this painting if you start making her cry."