Chapter 5: Evil Spy Ghost

"What are you doing, love?" He asked curiously.

He was watching as she scribbled words down on small scraps of paper. She laughed evilly instead of responding to his words.

They were back in New Orleans. But instead of heading back to where his siblings and Annabeth were staying, the iconic trio were at a different apartment that Klaus just compelled for them to have.

Percy stopped writing and showed her work to Rudy to get his opinion. The puppy placed his nose on the paper—to sniff the knowledge and understand it, clearly.

"Rudy approves. You wanna see?" She held out the paper toward the hybrid.

His eyes widened. "And you're gonna leave this outside the door?"

"Yes. Isn't it great?" She asked, but honestly it was rhetorical.

She made Klaus dress in all black—which wasn't difficult to accomplish. Rudy was given a black cape (which he loved.) And she adorned the same color.

For this mission, they needed to be stealthy. They needed to blend in with the shadows.

They needed to be ninjas.

They strutted through the streets (very inconspicuously) until they arrived at the apartment building that his siblings were staying in.

They walked in carefully, watchful for anyone they knew. Percy led the group and crept along the hallway, her back against the wall.

Klaus tried to whisper, "Love-"

"Shh. Super spies," She said softly.

He nodded. He knew better than to question Percy.

They turned the corner and made it to the elevator. She hit the button. Once it opened, she looked inside, checked that it was empty, then gestured for her two conspirators to hurry inside.

Klaus and Rudy went in, and Percy stop-drop-and-rolled in after them. To be inconspicuous.

The door shut behind her. She was up again and pressed the button to the floor Klaus told her to go to at the start of this mission.

Elevator music played as it traveled up.

Klaus and Percy were on either side of the elevator, ready for anything.

Rudy was in between them, his tail wagging. He too was ready for anything.

They made it to the floor they were getting off at. Thankfully no one got in their way during this trip. If that happened, she'd have to make them disappear.

The raven haired beauty crept out of the elevator. Her loyal partners followed close behind.

They made it outside the door. Now it was time to carry out the next phase of their mission.

Percy set down the piece of paper she scribbled on right outside the door.

It said,
'Boo! You're being haunted by the ghost of your favorite Percy. To find her, you must follow these clues to her dead spirit.
Xoxo—ur one and only ghost <3'

The back had several hints of where to find her written on it.

Percy opened up the backpack she brought with her.

She pulled out a collapsible tripod and expanded it so it stood upright. Then she pulled a white sheet out of the bag and placed it over the tripod so that the sheet fully covered it.