|Chapter 17| Extraordinary

*Hermione*

I felt so thirsty, it was as if I'd slept for days. Waking up in the infirmary was strange. I hadn't been here for years. I could smell antiseptic. The added scent of spearmint gave me the courage to open my eyes. Draco's head rested on my stomach, peaceful as he slept. I carefully pushed a stray piece of hair out of his face, wishing he was awake so I could see his beautiful eyes.

There was a weird bubbling feeling in my stomach and suddenly he stirred, pressing a kiss to the exposed flesh before turning his head and facing the other direction. I smiled, loving when he showed off his love for the babies.

Lyra suddenly appeared as I realized I wasn't quite with it yet. She offered me some water, which I enthusiastically accepted. I drained two glasses before she sat beside me.

"How are you feeling?" She whispered, eyeing Draco like a bomb that was close to going off.

"I feel okay, hungry, but good. My stomach keeps feeling bubbly though?" I was confused, it was a strange feeling. She smiled, which made me further confused.

"That would be your lovely babies. They are big enough to make their presence known. They must be doing it because he's touching you. Every twenty minutes or so since he fell asleep I've seen him have to readjust for an unknown reason." She chuckled, a hand resting on the edge of my stomach. Suddenly the bubbling sensation moved to where her hand was.

"That's them? Should it be so strong right now?" I was in awe. They're incredible.

"It sure is. They're strong little things. They played their healing trick to wake you up. Otherwise it may have been a week or so before we'd have talked to you again!" I didn't know how long I was out. I readjusted myself carefully, trying not to wake Draco.

"How long was I asleep?" I noticed the pain as I spoke, my throat feeling like fire. I reached out for the water again and she handed it to me.

"A day and a half, give it take a few hours? He hasn't left your side outside of using the lavatory." Her expression showed her curiosity as she looked at his sleeping form.

"That doesn't surprise me one bit." My fingers combed through his hair, causing him to stir. I paused, making sure I hadn't woken him. Once I was satisfied that he was still asleep I continued.

"How are my babies?" I was almost afraid of her answer. She smiled, which made me feel better.

"Perfect, they healed you. Draco also discovered a party trick. If he is injured and touches you, he gets healed." Her confusion was evident on her face.

"Strange, I've never heard of anything like that.. have you?" I knew it was strange.

"No, it's a first for me. I think it will be very interesting to see what other capabilities they'll have as they develop." She smiled, "Do you want to know what you're having?"

"Yes, but once he's awake. He needs the rest & I think I could nap again." I yawned, running my fingers through his hair. Sleep took me again, like an old friend wrapping his arms around me.

|Three hours later|
I woke up a few hours later to Draco's voice, "Why didn't you wake me? I could've talked to her!" He seethed, his hands on my belly. I groaned, slowly cracking my eyes.

His attention was on me quickly, a smile spreading across his face. It was a beautiful sight, triggering a smile from me. This just led him to kiss my forehead. I reached up, grabbing his shirt to tug his face to mine. I tried to lean up to him, but found I couldn't pull myself that far. He gave me what I wanted, though, and kissed me.

"It is so good to see you awake, flower." The softness in his voice brought tears to my eyes. I must have been in rough shape...

"Kiss me again?" My voice was hoarse, but that's okay. He smiled and pressed his lips to mine again. My hands ran down his chest, moaning into the kiss. He groaned and pulled back, making me pout.