Past...

My name is Kelly, Kelly Stelt. I have dark blue eyes and long black hair I used to wear in pigtails. I am five years old and I live with my Mommy and Daddy in a big house by a big lake surrounded by a huge forest. Mommy, Daddy, and I used go swimming in the lake a lot, that's before Mommy got sick.

We drove her in our car as fast as we could to the hospital,  I couldn't understand why Mommy got sick. When we got there the doctor told us to wait outside the room. I was very worried. Daddy's eyes were glazed over as he stared at the door waiting to hear from the doctors. Hours passed before the doctor reemerged, he looked at us sadly and told Daddy to go in first. Daddy must have understood what this meant because he was on the verge of tears. He looked at me and said, "Stay here sweety. Daddy is going in to see Mommy first then you can come in okay?" I nodded, my mouth pulled in a frown. I wanted to see Mommy too.

About ten minutes passed, and I looked around the waiting room. Only a few other people were sitting in there with me. Most of them looked tired, bored, even concerned. I glanced at the clock, I couldn't read it but I knew Daddy was taking a long time. I decided to find Mommy on my own. I got up from the chair and went through the door Daddy went into, I found myself in a long hallway with lots of doors and I started walking. The first door I came up to had a small number next to it. I looked inside and saw an old man lying in bed with tubes and wires, and other things I didn't understand hooked up to him.

As I continued down the hall I saw more and more rooms, and more and more numbers. I was getting lost, there were more hallways with even more rooms everywhere I turned. I started running, not caring about where I was going. Just trying to find an exit. I heard voices in my head screaming echoing everywhere on the walls.

I ran to the nearest room, and just as I was about to grip the handle, Daddy opened the door. He was surprised to see me in the hall. I ran up to him and hugged him tight. It took him a couple of minutes to realize I was shaking. His face then returned grim as he picked me up and carried me inside of the room.