| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 |

"I'm not ready for your talk right now Mateo

"I'm not ready for your talk right now Mateo." She says walking to her room but I grab her wrist, pulling her back gently.

"What the hell is wrong with you Arianna?"

"Leave me alone Teo," she says, looking away from me and I take a step back.

"No I won't, I'd give you the space you need," I say firmly, pulling my palms into fists. "but until you tell me why you're mad, I'm not leaving."

She was quiet. She does this whenever she doesn't want to say what's on her mind. And it's starting to get on my nerves.

"Are you that free to care about me?" she blurts, sighing heavily.

She looked tired, maybe I should just let her be.

"We're all safe," I take another step back. "if you're mad about me ignoring you in the morning, I'm sorry."

Her eyes finally meets mine and that was when I saw it. I saw it all. The relief, the pain, the fear, the anger and the last emotion....care.

"I was scared Mateo. I was so scared that you'd die. I don't know what I'd do myself or them if you did. The trigger scared the shit out of me but I just stood there lifeless so excuse me if I want some time for myself."

When Selena pointed her gun at Arianna, time slowed down and I didn't know how to react, I knew–i knew that Selena would shoot her without remorse and the strange pull at my heart made it my reflex to do the same to her.

My heart stopped–it literally stopped beating–and I froze when I heard the gunshot. I thought Arianna was shot but that douchebag Salvatore needed a distraction.

"I'm too tired to argue with you right now Mateo." she replies me quietly and I just felt this is the right time.

"Just give me ten minutes," I plead with my eyes before cautiously reaching for her hand. "just ten minutes to explain and if you still want me to let you go...I will do whatever you want me to."

She doesn't reply but I take that as my cue so I hold her hand, directing her to my room.

Locking the door, she just stands in the middle of the room looking at me without emotion and I sigh.

Where did all this go wrong?

I head to the dressing table drawer, bringing out a small box. I raise my head to find her looking at me through the mirror and I smile but she doesn't react.

I turn around and take long strides to where she was, sitting her down at the foot of the bed while I just kneel at her feet.

I open the box revealing a simple necklace with a heart symbol as the pendent.

I hear her gasp, using her left hand to slightly cover her lips and I shiver.

I've done this before and it broke me. I hate and love this feeling. I hate making myself so vulnerable, but I also love loving this woman on my bed.