Chapter-8

Hope's POV

"Hope... what is going on ?" Conner asks.

"There are somethings I haven't told you about me..." I reply guiltyly.

"Ya ?" Sarcasm leaks from his voice.

"I married Stefan when I was still very young. I thought this is it. But it wasn't. He loved me. And I loved him. With all my heart. But he was very ambitious. We were inseparable in college. But we were hardly together after it. He changed.

He never used to come home. He never cheated on me. But he was never there for me. It was like, we weren't married at all. He got me to leave my job. I became one of those wives who stayed at home and took care of the house.

I am not that person, Conner. He changed me. Big time. And he left me alone. He was never there to take care of me. And when he didn't show up on the anniversary night, I left. I just.... left, you know. He thinks I left him.

But it is he who left me first. He was changing me. And so I did what I had to. Was that wrong ?"

By the time I finish, I break into full blown sobs. Conner got up and he is beside me hugging me sideways to his chest. He holds me. Just like that. No questions asked. No one says anything. Just silence.

"Its okay, baby, cry it out." He says, "sometimes its good to cry out and get it all out."

I cry a little more. He hugs me tightly now. His gesture is touching. Just what I needed and Stefan isn't here. This is what I need, but its not enough. I don't feel full. I don't feel complete with him. I feel complete with Stefan.

And for that I cry out a little more. I feel light. Something I haven't felt in a long time. I feel like a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

3 hours later.

Me and Stella have decided to go to a clilub and drink up with whatever is happening today. Mostly she decided and convinced me. Oh well....

The music turns to 'Glad you came' remix, when we enter. It's one of my favorites. I smile and head towards the bar.

"I am gonna head to the bar" I shout to Stella over the loud music.

"Okay" he mouths.

As I head to the bar, a bartender comes out and asks,

"What can I get for a lovely lady like you ?"

"Chardonnay" I open my mouth to reply but someone from behind me beats me to it.

"And, one more thing, stop flirting with the customers, I can get you unemployed in seconds" he says and comes out into the light.

I gasp when he closes the distances between us and puts both his arms on the counter on either my sides trapping me in.

"Hi wife" Stefan says as he steps forward and effectively presses me to his body. My breath hitches.

"I am not your wife, bear. It's is over. We are divorced." I say through clenched teeth.

"Really ? You just called me bear, baby" he smirks.

I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand.

"Ma'am your Chardonnay" the bartender says a little down and then scurries off.

I go to take it but Stefan gets it first and with another hand he holds me by my elbow and leads me up the stairs to the VIP Section.

"Stefan, let me go"

"Never" he says ever so lowly, I might not have heard it.

"Stefan, what are you doing" I say, irritated.

"We are heading to my private booth"

"What ? Why ? I am here with Stella, Stefan."

"Whom, I might've asked for help."

"You told her to bring me here ?"

"Yup"

"What the fuck ? Why ?"

"You sound angry"

"Try furious or raging, Stefan"