Book One: Chapter Five

Something unknown jolted me awake. I slipped out of Legolas's arms, which were around me protectively, and headed to the garden. My mother and Galadriel were standing side-by-side as if expecting me. They probably were the ones who had awakened me.

"Look into the mirror, Arietta," Galadriel said softly. I sighed and walked up to the basin that was already filled with water. I looked into the water and my mother's and I's faces appeared. We were eating heartily with the people of Moria, laughing and singing. The image changes and next thing I saw was Gandalf and I leaving together for I was now his apprentice.

The scene changes once again but this time it was Legolas and I. My belly was huge and Legolas was rubbing it. I was pregnant I concluded and I had a pretty good idea of who's it was based on the picture. The scene changes for the fourth time and it's Legolas and I again. He playing with a small boy as a young girl ran towards my latter self. She was holding a small bird with a broken wing.

"Mommy, please help it!" She cried out as she handed me the bird. I placed my hand to the wing and watched the wing's bones being pushed back into place. The bird got up and flew off into the sky.

I pulled myself from the basin and stared at my mother and Galadriel.

"You can't change the future, Arietta," Galadriel said.

"I barely know the Mirkwood elf. Now I come to find out that I'll be bearing his children!" They just smiled while I ranged. Feeling defeated after I was done yelling, I started to walk back to the tent.

"You will stay with the Mirkwood Elf," Galadriel commanded. I stopped and turned around.

"It doesn't seem I have a choice." With that, I walked away.

*********

  We lined up in front of Lord Celeborn, Lady Galadriel, and my mother as the elves clasped an elven cloak around us, each with a leaf-brooch.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. Strange creatures bearing the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so." Celeborn gave a dagger to Aragorn.

"You are being tracked," he said to Aragorn in elvish. Aragorn put the dagger in his sheath. Lady Galadriel stood in front of Legolas and handed him a beautiful bow.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of Galadrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." She moved onto Merry and Pippin and handed them each daggers.

"These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in the war." Next was Sam.

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of Hithlain." She went to Gimli.

"And what gift would a dwarf ask of the elves?" Gimli shook his head and said," Nothing."

"Except to look upon the Lady of Galadhrim one last time for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the Earth." Galadriel laughed as Gimli scowled and looked away. Then he turned back to look at her.

"Actually, there is one thing. No, no, I couldn't. It's quite impossible to ask." Galadriel bent down and Gimli whispered into her ear,

"One hair from your beautiful head." Galadriel plucked three and handed them to him. She talked to Aragorn and Frodo then came to me. My mother walked down and stood beside her.

"Your mother will give you your gift." My mother pulled out two rings. She placed a bright orange-red one on my right index finger.

"Fire Agate Ring. My father gave it to me and now I'm giving it to you. It will help you use your magic to heal and increase you power over fire." Next, she slipped a ring with a dark red stone in my hand.

"Ring of Garnet given to me by your father." Then she whispered,

"It inspires romantic love, passion, sensuality, sexuality, and intimacy." I blushed and slipped the ring on.

"Thank you," I said before the fellowship went to the shore. I helped Legolas place packs into the boat.

"What did Lady Adalia give you?" Legolas asked me.

"A ring from my grandfather and a ring from my father." We pushed off in the boats and were silent. We traveled for a bit when I noticed birds flying out of the trees, disturbed.

"Legolas."

"Yes?"

"Orcs. I can sense them. They're in the forest." A nauseous feeling was in my stomach. Legolas didn't say anything as we rowed to shore to set up camp.

***********

  I sat down beside of Frodo. He looked at me like he wanted to ask a question.

"Do you want to ask me something?" He nodded.

"Why have you not been interested in the ring? It seems like everyone else is." I laughed a little.

"Frodo, I have no need for a ring that is evil. I have magic and that is better than a ring that has limitations." I stood up and walked into the tent and found Legolas leaning back with his eyes closed. I have to admit, it was pretty cute. I sat quietly beside of Legolas, trying not to wake him up. He opened his eyes anyway.

"Sorry," I said quietly. I leaned back and fell asleep quickly.

*******

  I was sleeping peacefully until I felt myself being submerged in water. I tried to come back up to the surface but something dragged me back down. A hand grabbed mine and pulled me up. When I came up, I saw Gollum attached to my leg.

Aragorn and Legolas pulled him away but not before he bit into my ankle. Gollum began to run away and I ran after him, fueled by rage.

"You better get back here, Smeagol!" I screamed and jumped onto him.

"I want my precioussss," he hissed out. The fellowship pulled me off of him. I struggled against their grip.

"Let me kill him!" I shrieked and out stretched my arm. Flames shot at Gollum, only missing him by a few inches. They pulled me into the tent and held me down.

"Calm down, Arietta! Legolas, do something," Boromir yelled who was bleeding in the lip from me kicking him. Before I saw it coming, Legolas planted his lips on mine, sending sparks through my body and making me go completely still. I sat up and looked at Legolas. He stared at me with nervousness. I decided to ignore him.

"Boromir, I'll help you with your lip." Boromir followed me outside.

"Do you mind if I try to heal it?" I asked him. He gave me a slightly scared look.

"Fine. I'll do it to myself before I do it to you so you can trust me." I placed my hand on my ankle and the bite went away easier than before, mainly with the ring's help. Next, I hovered my hand over Boromir's wound and it healed.

"Thanks," he said and I looked towards the ground.

"Why was I in the river?" I asked him.

"We tried waking you up but you wouldn't so Legolas tossed you into the river. It was funny until Gollum tried drowning you." Oh no, really Boromir? Drowning isn't really funny.

"Let's get back in those boats," I said suddenly and jumped up.

***********

~Please tell me what you thought. I wasn't sure if it was very good. Also, the video in the side is pretty cool.~