1.

My name is Isabelle Lewis. I live in Los Angeles with my mom. At least, I did until the monsters came. I never met my father, but my mom often spoke of him lovingly. She compared him to the sea: unpredictable, gentle, strong. He is the reason I got chased half across the country. What a joke my mom pulled: he is the sea. To be precise, Poseidon, the Greek sea god. I got to Washington alone, running from monsters of all sorts. I knew enough about Greek mythology to place a name on them: cyclops, harpies, empousai and more. I'd managed to take a bow, a quiver of arrows and some throwing knives when my mom told me to run, but they never killed the monsters, only slowed them down and made them angrier. My only option was to outrun them. In Washington I was found by a satyr- half goat, half human -and taken to New York. At first, Gleeson- the satyr -made me nervous with all his baseball bat waving and cries of Die!. After being attacked by a pack of hellhounds, though, I started to appreciate him more. We made it to Long Island, though barely in one piece. Long Island was the same place my mom had told me to head to as she fought off twenty empousai in order to let me escape. I hated admitting it, but I doubted she'd survived. A white stallion cantered towards us. No, not stallion: centaur.

"Gleeson, have you found out her godly parent?" The centaur asked Hedge, who nodded grimly.

"I am Isabelle Lewis, daughter of Poseidon." I stated, before collapsing in exhaustion.

XxXxXxXxX

I awoke to the sound of whispered mutters. When I opened my eyes I saw two tall and skinny boys, both with a mop of curly brown hair that hung in their blue eyes. They were wearing an orange T-shirt untucked over baggy shorts. They had elvish features, upturned eyebrows, a sarcastic smile and a gleam in their eyes, like they were ready to drop a firecracker down my shirt. One of the two was a little bit taller than the other. They were having an intense argument.

"You two twins?" I asked, though my voice came out as a croak.

They hadn't realized I was awake, because my voice startled them.

"No, I'm older than Connor." The taller one said.

This caused the other, Connor, to look sour. I took in my surroundings: I was in a whitewashed room with a window on one wall, the floor was wooden, I was lying on a leather couch, the brothers sitting on a ping pong table.

"This is the Big House. Where Chiron and Mr. D stay. You gave old horseman a good fright, you did." Connor explained.

"He can't expect me to be in perfect condition after travelling from L.A. to Washington alone and from there to New York with Gleeson." I hissed.

"Easy! That's not what he meant: he was just worried for you." Connor's brother said.

I decided not to say anymore about it.

"So, you two are...?" I pointed at them.

"Travis and Connor Stoll, sons of Hermes." Connor said.

"Isabelle Lewis, daughter of Poseidon."

"So we've heard." They said after exchanging a meaningful look.

XxXxXxXxX

The brothers accompanied me to Cabin 3, where a very handsome young man, with jet black hair and bright sea green eyes paced. He was very fit, muscular, and lean. He had a tattoo of a trident and SPQR on the underside of his arm. He smelt like the sea. In a few words: he looked like a skater and a troublemaker. I could see a few similarities in our appearance. I, also, had ink-black hair and a mischievous glint in my eyes, though mine were dark brown, flecked with gold and often mistaken for black. I had my mother's slender eyebrows, pale, high-coloured skin. In fact I was often mistaken for her. I slowly stepped into the cabin. He turned and saw me, his eyes scanning me in the same way as I analyzed him just now. I was almost as tall as him, despite being a year younger than him. I was taller than most boys my age. He then smiled at me.

"So it's true? I have a little sister?" He asked teasingly.

"It appears so." I said.

What he did next surprised me: he marched up to me and hugged me.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood and to Cabin 3, sis. You have no idea how great it is to have you here: it can get really lonely." He whispered in my ear.

And that was the best welcome I could've asked for.

That night I settled into Cabin Three and Percy told me some of his adventures and about his girlfriend. Then I talked: about my voyage across the country, the monsters, my life in L.A.. But not about my mom. I couldn't bring myself to talk about her.