My Chat With Jake

Damon's pov

"Damon. We need to talk. In private" Jake grabbed my arm and took me to his study.

"What do we need to talk about?"

"Elena"

"Why? I've told you everything I know"

"There's more than what you know. Sit down" I took a seat opposite him.

"More? Like what?"

"Well first of all the best thing for you to do is tell her."

"Tell her? Tell her what? That she's my mate or that I'm a vampire?"

"Both. Secondly tell her sooner rather than later. In fact you should probably tell her tomorrow."

"Okay but how? What am I supposed to say to her? How am I supposed to get her alone?"

"Give her a ride home or a ride to school and tell her then"

"Alright. I'll tell her tomorrow. I'll call her later and ask if she wants a lift to school"

"Good. There is one more thing before you go"

"What is it?"

"Don't screw it up. You have to tell her gently don't just blurt it out. She might freak but I know she'll come to terms with it eventually."

"She might freak? Jake i think she's gonna freak."

"Maybe, but everyone is different. Jordan didn't freak when I told her"

"How did you tell her?"

"I sat her down. Looked into her eyes and told her everything. About us being vampires. About me and her being soul mates. Everything and she was so calm about it. I couldn't believe how calm she was about it. Now go call Elena."

"I will" I walked out of the room and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Elena had text me about an hour ago thanking me for keeping her company and the ride home so I now had her number. I clicked her name and clicked the call button. She answered after two rings.

"Damon?"

"Elena. Hey"

"Hi. Damon are you okay? I wasn't expecting you to call me so soon"

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just wondering of you would like me to give you a ride to school tomorrow?" there was a pause.

"I would like that Damon. Thank you"

"Great and you're welcome. Is seven thirty okay?"

"Seven thirty is great Damon."

"Awesome. I'll see you tomorrow at seven thirty"

"See you then. Goodnight Damon"

"Goodnight Elena." I hung up, a smile tugged at my lips. I have to tell her. Jakes right the sooner I do it the better.

"Hey Lindsay!!!" I called my younger sisters name.

"Yeah?!"

"I need to talk to you!!" before I could blink she was in front of me.

"What's wrong?"

"You can't ride with me to school tomorrow. You're gonna have to take your car. Its only for tomorrow morning. I'm sure if you ask Jordan she'll drop you off and bring the car back"

"And how am I supposed to get home? And why can't you give me a lift to school?"

"I'll give you a ride home." I looked at my feet before answering her second question. "I can't give you a lift tomorrow morning because I'm giving Elena a lift and I need it to be just the two of us."

"Why?" my sister was curious. I could see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice.

"I'm going to tell her about her being my mate and us being vampires"

"Oh. Okay. Good luck brother"

"Thanks Linds"

"Anytime brother"