68

EMERY LET OUT A surprised squeal when Klaus wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

"Nik," she chuckled, "what are you doing?"

"I love it when you call me that." He brushed his lips against her nose. "Can't I hold you?" He asked, a smile tugging at his own lips. He was staring at her with nothing but love and adoration. "God, Emery. I want to spend eternity with you. I don't you to leave me. Ever."

"I'm not going anywhere," she placed her head against his chest, right above his heart. She smiled when she felt him press his lips against her hair before placing his chin on top of her head. The two stood in each other's hold in complete silence, the sound of his heartbeat being the only thing she could hear.

She could hear it as loud and clear as the day. Until she heard it slow down.

"Nik?" She could barely hear his heartbeat despite the fact that her ear was right above his chest. "Klaus, your heart's slowing down."

When she didn't receive a response, she frowned and pulled away from the hug. She raised her head to look at him to find him staring at her with his eyes wide opened in shock as his face began to turn grey as if he was being daggered and it was working.

"Oh my god," she gasped, her hands reaching to his face, "what the fuck is going on?"

"I—" Klaus chokes out, his skin turning more grey before his knees buckled. Emery tried to catch him but she was too small for him which made her lower him to the ground. "Shit, what's happening?" She had tears in her eyes as she stared at him, his head now laying on her lap.

"How—" she swallowed, "how do I fix this?" He didn't reply. He was no longer responsive.

"Please, answer me." She was full on crying at that point, "please. Come back."

"He can't," a familiar voice made her turn her head around swiftly. Bonnie stood at the door with a guilty expression on her face making Emery frown.

"What the fuck do you mean, 'he can't', huh?" She carefully moved his head from her lap and stood up to face her friend, "what did you do?"

"Emery, you have to understand—" Bonnie was cut off by the witch.

"— I don't want to understand anything," Emery took a step closer, "bring him back. Now. Fix this shit."

"She won't." Elena appeared at the doorway with her arms crossed. Emery furrowed her brows, "what are you doing here?"

"To tell you to stop and come back home," Elena replied, "you don't need Klaus. You need me. I'm your family, not him. He's the villain in this story, he doesn't get to live."

"No," Emery shook her head, her lips trembling, "no, bring him back!"

"Emery, no," Bonnie sighed, "I won't do that."

"Forget about him," Elena added, "we've finally gotten rid of him. We will put his body in a coffin and—"

"— Stop it!" Emery shouted, cutting him off, "I don't care about you or whatever shit you're in, okay? I want him."

"Emery, you don't understand." Elena shook her head, "stop being so selfish. This is for everyone's good."

"I'm not being selfish," Emery wiped her tears away, "he's the one thing that I really want. The only person with who I can be myself. I— I love him. I love him so much. Please, I—" her bottom lip was trembling, "I can't lose him."

"I'm sorry..." Elena cut herself off when Alaric entered. Emery stared at him and then her eyes fell on the white oak stake in his hand. "Don't even think about it. Get the hell out!"

"Move, Emery." Alaric stared at her blankly, "I don't want to hurt you."

"You are going to have to if you think I'll let you kill him."

"Emery, that's not Ric." Elena whispered fearfully making the witch frown. "What do you mean?"

"He's not—" Bonnie was cut off when she fell on the ground, unconscious. Just like that. Elena followed, her head hitting the floor harshly as she did so.

"What's happening?" Emery had never felt so scared in her entire life. "Alaric," she shot a warning look at the man, "please, step back."

"I'm afraid I can't do that," Alaric shook his head. He twirled the white oak stake in his hand before he quickly vamp sped towards Emery and pushed her aside, sending her body crashing against a bookshelf.

She groaned in pain as she tried to get back up. However, the second she raised her head to look at Alaric, he was no longer there. Her eyes flickered to Klaus and a scream left her lips.

He had the stake in his heart and his body was on fire.

"Emery..." she could hear someone calling her as she was screaming but she couldn't bother less. Her entire focus was on his body. "Emery." She heard her name being called again over her cries. Tears were falling down her eyes as she choked on her sobs. "love, wake up."

**

"You're just having a bad dream, sweetheart." Klaus spoke again, feeling as if someone was squeezing his heart in his chest as he stared at the girl in his bed. She was crying and trashing against his hold while shouting out his name. It scared him.

"Wake up," he brushed her hair away from her face, "open your eyes for me." He pulled her to him so her head was on his chest. He held her tighter when she tried to get away. "It's okay, love." He looked down at her face, at her tightly shut eyes, "I'm right here."

For the next ten minutes, he kept whispering soothing words in her ears, hoping she'd calm down while playing with her hair. When she finally stopped, he felt like he could breathe again.

Emery relaxed against him, her arms going to hug him in her sleep. He was surprised by how tight she was embracing him but he didn't mind. He wrapped his own arms around her just as tightly, letting her be before he soon drifted back to sleep as well.

^^^
Yes, I know that wasn't much but it's important. Anywayssss next chapter (69) is coming tomorrow (probably).

I love soft Klaus sm. He's so... soft. 💀👍🏻

Tysm for 700K+ reads like wowwww holy shit you guys are unbelievable. It makes me sooooo happyyyy. Once again, thank you. Love you. Until next time 😍