Book One: Chapter Six

We paddled in silence. I refused to talk to Legolas. He shouldn't have kissed me and I shouldn't have enjoyed it. I caught Legolas staring at me and he quickly went back to paddling. We came to two huge statues.

"Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old...my kin," Aragorn said. I stared in amazement. We passed the statues and went to the shore shortly after. The fellowship hopped out of the boats and rested on the shore. Legolas kept eyeing me and I wanted nothing more than his lips to mine again but that was never going to happen. I wasn't supposed to. Falling in love and losing that person could kill me.

"We cross the lake at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot...we approach Mordor from the north," Aragorn said to us.

"We should leave now," Legolas spoke up.

"No, orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for the cover of darkness."

"It's not the eastern shore that worries me." He glanced around in the forest.

"A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near, I can feel it." I snickered and they turned to me.

"Didn't I tell you elf boy that I sensed orcs? But you don't listen to the sorceress who has special abilities." He gave me a hurt look, probably because I called him elf boy,  but I didn't care. Suddenly, Merry shouted,

"Where's Frodo?" We looked around and noticed that Boromir was gone as well. Well, this was not good. We all ran into the forest. I tailed Aragorn, my mind set to make sure that Frodo doesn't die. When I find Boromir, I'm gonna hang him from his toes.

We found Frodo lying down on the ground. We stepped close to him.

"Frodo?" Aragorn spoke as I helped Frodo up.

"It has taken Boromir." Aragorn moved towards Frodo.

"Where is the ring?" Aragorn asked urgently. Frodo backed away from Aragorn, surprising Aragorn at the movement but not me. Boromir tried to take the ring and now Frodo is jumpy.

"Stay away!" Frodo shouted.

"Frodo, I swore to protect you."

"Can you protect me from yourself?" Frodo opened his hand to reveal the ring. It had no affect over me but I knew it had a little hold on Aragorn. He quickly pulled himself from it and kneeled in front of Frodo.

"I would have gone with you to the end into the very fires of Mordor."

"I know. Look after the others, especially Sam. He will not understand." Aragorn drew his sword and I readied my bow.

"Go Frodo!" Frodo hesitated and I screamed at him to run. He ran as two hundred Uruk-Hai surrounded us. Aragorn and I attacked, Aragorn killing like a madman. Although we had taken many Uruk-Hai out, we were still surrounded. One of them grabbed me from behind and an arrow pierced it's chest. Legolas and Gimli rushed out to help us. We continued fighting, this time winning.

We heard the horn of Gondor a little while later.

"The horn of Gondor!" Legolas shouted. I rolled my eyes.

"Really Legolas? I thought it was the horn of Lothlorien." Legolas gave me a quick glare.

"Boromir!" Aragorn yelled and we fought our way to the horn. When we came to Boromir, an Uruk-Hai had his bow pointed at Boromir's heart. Aragorn knocked away the Uruk-Hai and they got into a battle. I ran to Boromir's side and Aragorn joined me. He tried stopping the blood that was flowing from Boromir's chest where the other three arrows were. Boromir took a painful gasp before speaking.

"They took the llittle ones. Where is Frodo?"

"I let Frodo go."

"Then you did what I could not. I tried to take the ring from him," he said with guilt.

"The ring is beyond our reach now." I went and grabbed Boromir's hand. He turned to me.

"Can I ask a favor of you before I die?" Tear began to run down my face.

"Boromir, you aren't going to die. We can-" He cut me off.

"Can I?" I nodded.

"I would like a kiss from the only woman that's cared about me at all." Without any hesitation, I bent down and kissed Boromir on the lips. His breathing slowed and then stopped. I pulled away from him. Aragorn helped me up and began to talk. I brushed away my tears away.

"They will look for his comings from the white tower but he will not return."

*********

   Legolas pushed the last boat into the water.

"If we are quick, we will catch Frodo and Sam before nightfall." I looked across the river and saw Frodo and Sam disappearing itno the trees. Aragorn didn't react.

"You mean not to follow them..." Legolas said, trailing off.

"Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands." I heard a voice behind me as Aragorn kept speaking.

"Arietta, my little song..." The voice was the same as last time. I turned around and saw the same ghost Thorin. I began walking towards him, walking on top of the water instead of in it and I wasn't even sure how. I heard a few gasps but I continued walking.

"Dad," I called out. He opened his arms and kept calling. I ran towards him but then he disappeared. I fell through the water and began swimming to shore. Legolas and Aragorn helped me up.

"Who were you talking to?" Aragorn asked and Legolas answered for me.

"Thorin." I gave him a shocked look. How did he know?

"Arietta, was that the same person you were talking to in Moria?" Legolas asked and I nodded. Aragorn looked at me with a worried expression. At least he wasn't angry.

"Why didn't tell us earlier?" he asked. I looked at the ground.

"I was afraid that you would think I'm crazy." Aragorn gave me a look as if I was joking.

"I don't think your crazy. You've had a lot of death around you." I nodded and stood up.

"What do we do now?"

"We are getting Merry and Pippin back."

***So this is the end of The Fellowship Of The Ring but this book isn't over. Half of Two Towers will be in this book and the other half will be in a sequel so this isn't over at all.