11- That means you can all fit!

After driving through the flickering dim and bright tunnel created by the huge trees for almost half an hour Cassy literally saw the light at the end of this tunnel. 

She and Alex had made a lot of effort to keep the conversation light; he had told her as much about his brothers as he could; and that happened to be an earful, she doubted that she would be able to recall it all, event with her ‘super’ memory!

As they drove through the tree-made tunnel closer to the light, Cassy had an urge to scream: Don’t go into the light!; but thought better, Alex was most likely not equipped to deal with that kind of behavior, nor was he likely to be expecting it from her.  Honestly, she would never have expected that from her either; must be nerves speaking.  Funny; she never knew she had any.  Alex had dropped a call to his brothers to let them know they were turning in the ‘driveway’ and now he was tapping the steering wheel with an uneven rhythm, it seemed he was nervous too.

The closer they got to his home, the more Alex worried about the state the house would be in.  In his mind he compared the neat, clean and well organized home Cassy had left and compared it to what he last remembered of his own home.  It was a far cry from the well ordered home she was used to.  When he had told his brothers to clean up; it normally meant they had to clear the living areas of any dirty dishes and laundry.  Not that there was a lot of laundry to speak of.  They were boys for goodness sakes!  And wolves to top it off!  Most times they just ran around in wolf form or but-naked.  There was never any body else to consider before.  He only prayed they were going be dressed today.

Driving into the clearing Cassy noticed that there were at least twelve houses that she could see from where they were driving.  The pack house would most likely be the large double storey building, nearly half way down the line of houses.  Opposite the pack house were two more large buildings; possibly some administrating offices and a conference centre of some kind.  What was very clear as they drove past the houses was that they really were in urgent need of some TLC.

The truck stopped in front of a group of six boys.  Cassy could not believe her eyes.  She was dumbstruck as Alex came around to her side, opened the door, lifted her out and put her on her feet.  They walked around the truck; his hand on her back.  She stared at them and they stared right back at her.

When at least she came out of her daze, she faced Alex, put her hands on both sides of his cheeks and slightly pushed and pulled to alter his features.  Then she said triumphantly: “Your parents must have liked the way you came out, because they definitely used the same blueprint for the rest of them.”

Cassy turned to face the nearly identical replicas of Alex.  Their thick hair all the same shades of light brown, lightened by the sun, and their eyes were almost the exact same green.  Their generous mouths fitted into their angular faces so perfectly it was almost sinful.  These boys were all going to be heartbreakers!

“Oh, I like her!  Can we keep her?”  A shorter stockier version of Alex with a crew cut was slapped on the back of the head from both boys on either side of him.

“Shut up Conrad!” the rest of them sang out in chorus; including Alex.

A serious looking heartbreaker with a tiny scar under his left eye stepped forward to shake her hand formally.   “Don’t mind him; he never knows when to keep his trap shut.  I am Brian; second to Alex.  This is Carter;” and he pointed to the Alex with shoulder length hair and thin eyebrows.  “His twin Conrad you know, next to him is Derrick and Dennis, also twins.  Then there is Ethan, he is the youngest.”

“Hmm,” Cassy said, taking a closer look at Ethan; she turned her head towards Alex.  “He has not changed yet?”

Alex had a thoughtful look on his face; the answered apologetically.  “No not yet, sorry; forgot to mention that.”