His Name is Dipper Pines

Chapter 6
His Name is Dipper Pines
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Grandpa opens the house door as I can tell he wants to know who that boy was. I didn't ask him if he did; I just know. The way he hasn't made eye contact, or the way his hand was wobbling more than usual when he opened the door. He dropped the key a lot, too.

I jump onto the couch, wondering if he'll ask me. Really, I don't want him to, but I'm curious.

"So..." Grandma says, sitting down next to me. "who was the boy? He seemed like he liked you." They feel like parents... like my parents, not my (G)'s parents.

"No one," I murmur, not wanting to talk about it, really.

"No One? Is that a new popular name or something?" Grandpa jokes, laughing.

"No," I say.

"Then what's his name?" Grandpa asks. There it is!

"Dipper Pines," I try to murmur but fail. Grandpa laughs.

"Tell me the truth, (Y/N)," Grandpa says.

"I did! His name is Dipper Pines," I say, trying not to yell.

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, come on, (N)! (Y/N) might be telling us the truth," Grandma scolds. Might?! Really, Grandma?! Really?!

"Exactly! Might!" Grandpa says.

"MIGHT?!" I yell. "Dipper, though, is probably a nickname."
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The moon comes up as it becomes dark. I remember their alarm clock. If I'm going to get any sleep tonight, I might as well go now.

I change in to my pajamas and pull the cover down. I get in and pull it over me. I drift off into slumber.