||18.||

•||Chapter 18: Begum!||•

|| M E H R U N ||

I took a deep breath as I looked at my sleeping cousin-now-became-a-husband's back. My life had become so complicated the moment we agreed to this marriage. With a sigh, I stood up and went to the washroom to freshen up, letting him sleep.

From what I knew through Mirha Phupho, he had been working non-stop in this room and took a very little rest. Even last night he was working on his laptop in the wardrobe before I fell asleep after taking a sleeping pill.

Adjusting my dupatta on my shoulders I stepped out of the room. Each step made me feel so embarrassed because I never thought of today.

A day, when I married my cousin and stepped out of his room after the next day of our Barat. How could I face my family!

I really wanted to run back to the room and locked myself inside until this embarrassing moment passed. My hands and feet itched to turn back and took my relaxing pill to relax myself.

Fidgeting with one corner of my dupatta and adjusting my breath and calming my anxiety, I descended the stairs and heard unfamiliar hushed voices and laughs coming from livingroom.

"Everything happened suddenly, mum. I hope you forgive us."

An unfamiliar male voice with British accent came from livingroom as I reached to the livingroom door.

"Elena and Vivian are here."

Arash Uncle's voice came from behind scaring me. I put my other hand on my heart and turned to look at him.

"Uncle."

I greeted him with a soft smile, controlling my out of control heartbeat. He smiled back at me and looked at the door of livingroom.

"They are Saim's friends and our nominal kids," He told me with a chuckle and turned his eyes back at me.

I had heard about them from Phupho and how she loved those two as her own kids.

"Where is Saim?"

I stumbled on this question as I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out, feeling heat rushed to my both cheeks.

I felt so embarrassed and shy because I didn't know how to answer him. I should've waited for Saim to wake up and come out of the room together to share this embarrassment together.

"He must be sleeping. Let's go inside and welcome both kids," Arash Uncle smiled in understanding and ushered me inside me to the livingroom.

"Uncle."

"Dad."

Both Elena and Vivian greeted Arash Uncle then turned to look at me.

"Mehrun, come here." Mirha Phupho waved at me then turned to both guests and introduced us.