😡😡𝓡𝓪𝓰𝓮😡😡

I was given directions by John B, and we ended up on a secluded beach, covered in washed-up driftwood. Lit torches were speared into the sand, and a fire pit had been surrounded by teenagers. The sounds of the ocean water crashed and hissed far below.

I had never been to a place with so many unpredictable people before. My intuition was buzzing, telling me just how many bad actors were there here. This was definitely different than spending a morning on the beach with just a few people.

I decided to sit down by the warm fire, averting my eyes from the giant keg someone was using to fill up solo cups. JJ plopped down beside me, and I silently took a drink he offered me anyway, just to be polite.

I stared at the beer in my cup.

"What? You drank before the party?" JJ asked me.

I gave him a surprised look, "No, I just don't like drinking," I said as I twiddled my thumbs. I had never drunk alcohol before, but I didn't want JJ to think I was a loser.

"Aww, come on, I can smell it on you." He said, "And what Kie said, you're too uptight. You'd have a lot more fun if you let loose a little. Come on." He slurred as he tipped his own cup towards me.

I had begun to theorize that JJ had some... ulterior motives.

"Shut up, JJ. Don't make him if he doesn't want to." Kie came to my rescue.

"Whatever. More for me," He said cheerily, but snatched the cup out of my hand a little too aggressively and walked away. Kie regarded me.

"Do you know how to play volleyball?"

"Yeah?" I sat up a little straighter.

"Do you wanna play?"

"Sure."

She walked me over to a volleyball net. Two girls stared through the netting. A girl in a skimpy, Barbie-pink bikini stood at the forefront, her breast implants bigger than the ball tucked under her arm.

"Rogan, this is Brooke Evald'evil," Kie said, plastering on a smile.

I sense that Kie knew Brooke, but I had a bad feeling. I curled my toes a little...

"You better be good, because I am." Brooke boasted, "I'd like to finally have some competition."

"I guess we'll just have to see," I replied, crossing my arms and popping my hip out sassily.

"Ooh, sass on aisle three!" A bystander exclaimed as he began to watch the four of us expectantly.

Brooke flew into position, the other girl on her team barely able to react as she hit the ball up into the air. A nearby torch turned the ball into a yellow crescent moon, and I easily jumped up to meet the ball and bounced it back over the net toward her partner. The other girl stumbled backward and hit the ball over the net toward Kie. Kie ran back to hit the ball but wasn't able to make it in time.

"Point for us," Brooke said mundanely, her face stretching into a yawn, as she began to inspect her coral nails. Her face flickered as a light breeze made the fire dance. I could tell she thought this game was going to be easy for her.

"That was totally out of bounds," Kie moaned as a tear of rage dribbled down her upstairs (NOT downstairs) cheek, "And you didn't even give us a warning before you started."

"It's okay, Kie," I said, then turned to Brooke. "We need to mark out boundaries."

"Fine." Brooke grunted begrudgingly, "I'm keeping the point though."

"What? No, we're restarting," Kie retorted.

I smiled at Kie, "She can keep it. She'll need the extra help anyway."

Brooke and I dragged our piggies through the sand, marking out individual boxes on the sides of the net, and then continued the game.

This time when Brooke served, she shouted, "I'm serving the ball now! Is that clear enough for you?" and bounced it elegantly across the court. Kie set the ball, and then I smacked it over the net. Brooke took the opportunity to spike the ball down, but I was in front of her, and the ball bounced off of my hands and onto the sand on her side.

Brooke turned around and huffed, glaring at her scared-looking partner, "Why didn't you get that?"

"It was too fast." The girl stood with her palms out defenselessly.

"Point for us," Kie echoed. A tear of joy ran down her upstairs (NOT downstairs 😡) cheek.

"Whatever," Brooke yelped, and threw the ball over to us. I could have sworn there was smoke coming out of her ears (upstairs ears NOT downstairs ears you perverts !!!)

I curled my dogs and gave the ball to Kie with a giggle, and she served.

The game began to progress faster and faster and Brooke started to make clumsy mistakes derived from pure, undeniable, fury. Kie or I would hit the ball into a corner, Brooke would miss it, then she would hit the ball out of bounds in the next round trying to replicate our tactics. Despite this, she was keeping up with our score by sheer willpower.

We began to amass a crowd around the court. It seemed to me that they were excited about seeing Brooke struggle, and the more people that came to watch, the more contemptuous Brooke seemed to get.

"I am the captain of the Don Valley High School Volleyball team!" She exclaimed, "How are you better than me? Are you a pro volleyball player?"

I shrugged with a small smirk, "Well, for one, I work better with my partner than you do."

The crowd yelled, "Ooooh~!"

"And I can keep my cool when things get difficult." I crossed my arms as the crowd whooped.

Brooke scowled and stepped back with the ball in her hands.

"We're still tied," She pointed out, "Nine to nine. This round will be it. I'll show you what I've got. I was just warming up before."

"Bring it on," I said, as I wound up my middle finger box at her. The crowd clapped and cheered. (With their upstairs hands NOT downstairs cheeks you guys!)

She leaped into the air like a little bunny rabbit and hit the ball as hard as she could. I jumped up just as high, but much more laxly, and easily returned it. As I came back down to the ground I realized what had made my leaps so much easier this entire game. I had been using my wings. Yipes!!

I bumped the ball to Kie and tightened my wings around myself. I glanced behind me to see if anyone had seen my wings unfurl under my shirt. Luckily, they seemed to be too entranced by Brooke's bull-like expression to notice me. It seemed as if it was just me and Brooke, alone in the ring, and I was her big, red, sexy, blanket.

Kie hit the ball toward the corner of their side of the court. Brooke's partner passed the ball to Brooke, she passed it back, and her partner passed it back again and then again. Kie looked at me knowingly, and when the ball finally came over the net, we let it land in the sand.

Brooke stared at me smugly, but I laughed in her face.

"You passed that ball four times before it got back over here. That's an automatic point for us." I revved up my middle finger like a car and made the engine sound.

"What! No, we didn't." She said, practically screaming at this point.

Someone in the crowd piped up, "Yes you did, bitch!" Everyone began to clap.

I could see her face go blood red. She stared at me, and I saw her sanity snap, revealing her primal side. She dropped the ball, kicking her feet into the sand, and lunged at me.

"Adios!" I yelped in terror.