Sirius Black x Shy Reader

(A/N This is my very first oneshot and it's pretty long , longer than all the ones I've ever read. If it annoys you I'm sorry, I don't write short things like that. I'm so used to writing novel scenes they just turn out long and I worry if I cut down on description it'll make it worse. If anyone is willing to give me some feedback on the length that would be great. Enjoy!)

    Potions class was your ultimate favorite class. As a muggleborn, Hogwarts was a scarily new place and Potions was your safety zone. Potions was just like the chemistry your dad taught at a muggle high school, but less complex.

    Despite your skills in Potions you weren't noticed by the other students. You never understood why the Sorting Hat had placed you in Gryffindor, you didn't even have the courage to talk to a stranger. You just assumed the Sorting Hat was getting old and made a mistake.

    Lunch was always a pleasant time, listening to the conversations of the people around you. Today, sitting next to you were four boys you knew all too well. James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettrigrew and Sirius Black. You had a secret crush on Sirius. You hated how he used girls but you couldn't help getting lost in those stormy eyes or wanting to smell his dark hair. You wished you had the courage to actually speak to him without making yourself look like a complete fool. You'd tried before but you're pretty sure he thinks you don't know how to be human.

Today the group of boys were discussing the most typical topic of teenage boys. Girls. Strangely you had never heard them discussing girls before. Not even a peep about it, even when Lisa Nelson got a muggle hair style. It was called a mullet, with puffy short hair on top and a long trail in the back. The entire school had a fit about it. Every Pureblood in sight were mocking muggles.

You smiled silently, remembering that week. A gang of Purebloods had been writing lying shit about muggles all over the school. You had gotten so pissed you hexed them all into next week. It was so bad they couldn't even be mad when you talked them while they were recovering in the Hospital Wing.

    You were pretty dissapointed in yourself. You had no trouble hexing those gits but talking to someone was emotional torture.

    "Stop being so scared!" You were wrenched out of your daze by James's voice. With a secretive peek, you could see Sirius nervously poking at his food with his silverware and James was aggressively poking his shoulder.

    You furrowed your brow, Sirius Black was never scared or nervous, and he always had a come back. As you watched their conversation he seemed less and less like his typical self.

    "It's not my fault she's bloody gorgeous!" Sirius sneered back, then dropped his fork with a heavy sigh.

    James laughed. "You've fancied gorgeous girls before!"

    Sirius sighed again. "I haven't ever really fancied girls before. She's just - She's just so different. She's amazing and gorgeous and her laugh makes my stomach flip and she's brilliant but she isn't a snob. She's just bloody perfect." Sirius took a swig of pumpkin juice in a fashion that made you think he was chugging alcohol.

    You took a look around the large hall, you didn't recognize a single girl that matched Sirius's description. There were brilliant Ravenclaws, but they were either not attractive enough for Sirius's description or too snobby. Gryffindors didn't have any classes with Hufflepuff since fourth year, two years ago. Sirius didn't hold crushes that long without making a move. Sirius hated all Slytherins, even though he'd snogged a few for a bet.

    "Man, you really like this girl." James said loudly with a mischievous smirk. You could see a few girls perk up and whip around towards the two. Remus looked at them, heavily annoyed and continued to eat his plate of chicken.