18. We're Going Downtown

Wearily I aroused from my nap, dreading this meeting with my boss that I have not seen in the longest. The last I heard from her was when Justin took her out to dinner for me since I was late that one time. Honestly, she terrifies me. I am next to nothing in her eyes. I quickly put on the nicest business clothes that I owned and emerged from my room, checking my phone. There is a message from Milly.

Omgosh so last night was super fun right??? We slayed and everyone loved us. Thanks for coming with me. You're amazing and PURRFECT for my brother. Get it, purrfect because he probably-Okay, ew like he's my brother wtf am I even saying right now? Anyways-Wait wow this text message is SOOOOOOOOOO long kind of like my brother's-OMFG EW LIKE I CAN'T MAKE ANY JOKES FOR YOU BECAUSE HE'S MY BROTHER AND IT'S JUST NASTY OMFG. Well anyways like I was saying thanks for coming babe and I know we are going to be GREAT friends. I'll hit you up soon so we can effing hang out again. JA FEEL ME??? Lololol Love you :*

Laughing, I grabbed a yogurt from the fridge just as Jace exited her own bedroom.

"I can't go anywhere because my image is kind of fucked up. I was supposed to up my image last night but instead I wasn't even mentioned at all. All the press talked about was the lady who hosted the event and my roommate Kasey for some odd reason. I just-Yeah. We need a new plan. You're my publicist figure it out! Bye." Grumbling to herself, she walked into the kitchen to snag up a water.

"Are you mad?" I asked, eating my yogurt.

Frowning, Jace rolled her eyes. "Considering how you're all in the press as this fashionable nutritionist who is going to change the world one bite at a time, and I didn't even exist-"

"Wow, now you know how I feel every single day of my life. You're experiencing it one time and you can't handle it. You know what you're like, Jace? You're like a Republican that claims minimum wage is livable if someone doesn't buy unnecessary things. But when asked to live on it themselves they say there is no reason for them to do so. It's quite sad. Maybe you should go to an event that you actually care about so that you can get noticed. Stop pretending to be what you aren't."

"Oh so now you're a publicist too?" She snorted.

"I don't like your attitude right now. You're being a little baby and I don't have time for it." Brushing past her, I snatched up my purse as my phone vibrated.

So you're in magazines now?? My girlfriend is like FAMOUS? *Chokes up* Wow, I've never been so honored to be dating someone so...so... SPECIAL. And I just want to take time out to say that I think you're great and I want you to come over after you finish whatever you have to do today. Just because you're a celeb now doesn't mean you can forget about me. I WAS THERE BEFORE YOU WERE FAMOUS!!! See you later tonight, I'll be waiting.

With a ridiculous grin on my face, I texted back.

Okay, baby, I'll see you later tonight, promise.

Without another word from Jace, I left the apartment, waving at Charlotte on my way out.

I'm going to break out into a full sweat in a few seconds for I'm about to enter my boss's office. I have three degrees, and with my nutrition degree I am the boss of my own career. With my culinary degree I don't really pursue that one but I would be my own boss. Then my last degree is in communications and at the telecommunications company I have a boss. And this boss is terrible. I adjusted my clothing and cleared my throat, knocking on the door.

"You have five seconds to enter or don't enter at all," Rebecca droned from her office.

Nervous, I quickly pushed the door open and walked inside. Rebecca is leaning against her desk, her blonde hair in glorious waves around her shoulders. Her black slacks and blazer are crisp and her white button down blouse is fresh. Her pumps accent her height and her blue eyes are accented by her makeup. But she's not a skinny girl, more of a thick girl and it's something to be jealous of.