Chapter Four- Nightmares

Cassidy

I cried silently as I watched them drag my parents into the living room.

'Stay here Cassandra,' my mother had said, 'They won't find you in here.'

So I stayed in the cabinet, hiding from them.

I watched as two of the four people dressed in all black pulled out guns, and pointed them at my mum and dad.

I felt tears fall down my cheeks. I knew from the movies we had watched together that they were guns. I knew that it would kill them. Or at least injure them.

"I'm going to ask one last time. Where is the safe?" One of them demands. "I don't know what you're talking about. There is no safe in this house," my dad said.

"Well that's a shame," a man in black said. He lifted the gun and shot him in the stomach.

I covered my mouth with both hands, afraid of them.

'Daddy!' I thought in panic.

"Now... where is the safe?" The same man asks my mum. She looks up at him, tears in her eyes. "I don't know! I don't know about any safe!" She cried.

The man sighed, and shot the gun again. It hit her in the chest.

"Search the house!" One of the men yelled. The four of them scattered, and began searching around.

One of them walked towards my cabinet. I shrunk into the corner, and covered my small body with a black coat, still able to see.

The man had cold brown eyes and dark blonde hair. His nose had a huge scar on it, going up to his right eye. His lip was crooked and looked almost mutalated.

I closed my eyes, but it was too late. The image of the man that killed my parents was forever burned into my mind, imprinted in my memories.

After a few minutes, they left.

I slowly opened the door, and walked over to my mum and dad.

"Mummy? Daddy?" I say in a shaky voice.

Their heads turn towards me, weakly.

"Cassandra," my mum whispers. I sit on my knees, in between them.

I take one of their hands in one of mine.

"Mummy? Daddy? Are you going to Heaven? I don't want you to leave yet..." I say, sniffling.

Dad smiles, along with mum.

"We are. You have to be a big girl and go tell Alice and Jasper we love them, okay? Be strong for mummy and daddy," mum says. I nod. "Go across the street and tell the neighbors, okay my little Cassette?" Dad says, smiling.

I nod and sniff. "But I don't want you to go," I whimper. "I know baby. Be strong for us all, okay? I know it's hard," mum says. I nod.

I lean over and hug my mum and dad, kissing their cheeks.

"We love all three of you so much. Just remember that," dad says. I nod. "We love you too," I whisper.

Their hands go limp.

The life in their eyes fades, replaced by a dull, lifeless look.

Their eyes closed, and they breathe out.

I sniff. "Mummy? Daddy?" I ask, brokenly.

I whimper, and kiss their cheeks. I stand up and run across the street, where my brother as sister, Alice and Jasper, were staying the night.

I jumped and rang the doorbell, my fingers leaving blood on the button.

The door opens, revealing my kind neighbor, Mrs. Grake.

Her eyes widen at the sight of tiny me, covered in blood with tears streaming down my face.

"People shot Mummy and Daddy. They went to Heaven."

****

I bolt awake, giving a little scream of panic.

I look around, realizing that I was in Dan and Phil's flat in London.

I throw my feet off the sofa, and rest my face in my hands.

I know I wouldn't be able to sleep again.

I grabbed my phone, and walked to the front door.

Right as I was about to step out, I heard someone. I turned around to see Dan walking towards me, looking alarmed.

"Cassie? Are you alright? What's going on? I heard a scream," he says. I swallow nervously. "S-sorry. I-I just had a... nightmare..." I hesitate on the word 'nightmare'.

My voice was thick with tears, and my eyes were probably read and puffy from crying. I shifted to go out the door, and the light from the outside illuminated my face.

Dan's brown eyes filled with concern. "Oh God Cass..." he muttered. He walked over to me, and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Dan asks. I tense up.

If I told him the nightmare, I would break down again. Then I would have to explain everything...

I can't.

"N-no. I'll... I'll tell you when I'm ready, okay? I'm just... It's not easy to talk about..." I whisper. Dan nods. "Okay, I understand," he says.

No you don't.

I pull away from Dan and look down at my bare feet.

"You okay Cass?" Dan asks.

No.

"Yes."

"I know you're lying Cass..." Dan sighs.

"Okay. I'm not okay. I've never been okay. Are you happy now?" I snap. Dan looks taken aback by that.

I turn around and walk out the door. "Cass," Dan calls after me, "Cassidy."

A hand grabs mine and pulls me back.

"Cassie, please listen," Dan says. I look up at him, stone-faced.

"I don't know what happened in your dream, but it obviously affected you in some way. Whatever it is, whenever it is, just know that you can talk to me, okay?" He says. I closed my eyes and nodded.

Maybe one day I'll take him up on that offer.

AN: Do you think that Cass will tell Dan about her dream? What does she have to explain?

What do you guys think so far? Do you like it so far? What do you think will happen next?

Comment belowwwwwww! :D