01 - The Plan

High School.

            Let’s just say it’s a hellhole for short.

            I didn’t use to hate high school so much and I actually loved it. Being a sophomore and dating a junior boosted my self-esteem a lot.

            I was going out with a guy named Sean Gray. He was an attractive guy, a soccer player and has a good position at the school. Like I said, I was a grade younger than him and I felt so cool whenever we’d walk hand-in-hand down the hallways. He would let me sit with him during lunch but then we would walk around the beautiful school campus only stopping for brief kisses… I was a lucky tenth grader.

            It was the last day of school and Sean and I had made plans to hang out all the time during the summer. I took a pass to go to the restroom and saw Sean making out with a girl named Kayla Matthews.

            I had heard rumors about Kayla all the time, she was the kind of girl that slept with one person and moved onto the other. I would’ve put it past Sean when he said that she came onto him and not the other way around but I could tell he was enjoying it by the way he moaned her name when her lips traveled to his neck.

            Once I gasped and the two people turned towards me, Sean’s eyes went wide while Kayla had a smirk playing on her face. That little bitch… My goodness, couldn’t she just leave this guy alone? There are other guys out there that are looking for some friction beneath the sheets but no. She had to go for Sean Gray. It’s almost as if she was thinking ‘hey! A sophomore wouldn’t care if I started swapping spit with her boyfriend. Let’s do it!’ Girls like her give us a bad reputation.

            Long story short: I broke up with Sean and locked myself in my room for the rest of the summer.

            A few close friends would come over but I almost never went out. My older brother was a year older than me and also was friends with Sean. Once he figured out what happened, he banned his friends from dating me and hated him. My brother has always been super protective.

Sean would text me saying he wanted to get back together when I knew he was still messing around with Kayla. I would never answer him and sometimes he would even stop by. Whenever that happens, Dillon answers the door and screams at his ex-friend to go away. But of course the guy will come back and start the cycle again. How many times do I have to tell him that it’s over for good? Obviously it’s a million or so.

            My brother, Dillon and his best friend Jace would always try to get me away from this house but I refused to. They would want to hang out with friends who were most likely hanging out with… you know.

            I dated Sean for a year and it was the first serious relationship I was in. Obviously when I saw him cheating on me it would hurt! During this long summer, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream became my best friend.

            This cheating nonsense wouldn’t probably affect me that much if nothing had happened between us. Sean was the guy who took my virginity; therefore he now has something of me that I will never be able to take back no matter how much I want to. I shouldn’t had gone out with him in the first place… Sure I liked him but Dillon always told me never to go out with anyone a grade older than I am. I really should start taking my brothers advice now.

            There was a week left before school started again and I remained in my safe home. Messages from my ex still came everyday and I still ignored them. One day I heard a knock and groaned from where I sat on the couch. I trudged to the door and opened it without seeing who it was first.