The Werewolf In The Closet..17

Chapter Seventeen

Ady's POV

     "I'm sorry, did I hear you, correctly? Did you say 'soul-mates'? What is with that word? That's exactly what Carnell was talking about. He said, 'Ask Loren about it', and 'Tell your soul-mate to mind his own business', and all that crap. Why isn't anyone telling me this stuff? Aren't I'm supposed to know? I'm new to this, I should be able to know everything there is about were-" Before I could finish, I was interrupted with a kiss.

     Loren had smashed his lips against mine, and his hands were on either side of my face. I sighed and kissed him back. How long has it been since we kissed? Um, I don't really know, but I don't care right now. I'm in his arms, and we're kissing passionately. We were unaware of the Arab women glaring at us. Then we parted.

     "Ady, you talk too much," Loren smiled. I smiled too, and he grabbed my hands. "I'll explain every thing when we get back home, okay? I promise."

     I nodded and we went out the door, but we had to rush back in because Mel and the others ran in the door. It was thundering, and it was raining hard. "What is all this?"

     "I don't know!" Kenny said.

     "It just started raining all of a sudden! How the hell are we going to get home now? Jeez." Aaron mumbled.

     "Whose phone is working?" I asked.

     "None of ours is. All of our phones died."

     "Whose got some change? I'll call my dad at the phone booth so he could come get us," Loren asked. We each gave him a couple of quarters and dimes. He grabbed my hand and told me to come with him to call his dad. I don't know why, but he told me to come. Maybe he doesn't want to let me out of his sight..? He dialed the number.

     "Hello? Dad? It's Loren. Yes, we're alright. No. Well...the truck blew up." Pause. "Just listen. That's what I said! Look, we need a ride home." Pause. Loren's face changed. "Someone drove us up here, that's how. I don't know who he is, and I don't want to know." Pause. He's talking about Carnell. "Duh! That's what I just said! Now, come pick us up. Thanks. I know she's waiting. Tell her if she touches my things, she will get tackled when I come back." I laughed. "Okay, thanks." He hung up.

     "What the hell was that about?"

     "My dad is mad because we got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Then Cqari keeps going in my room, and none of us knows what she's doing. She better not be bringing her little boyfriend in there."

     I gasped. "Cqari has a boyfriend? I am shocked!"

     "Well, I mean, she looks like me, and I'm hot, right?" he teased.

     "Yes, Loren, you are," I fluttered my eyelashes. He smiled.

     "Yeah. His name is Ralph. For some reason, Cqari likes to show him my room......I'm getting tired of it though," he looked at me.

---------------------------------------------

Loren's POV (2 hours ago)

     My dad showed up two hours later, right when the gas station was closing. Not the gas part, but when you go in and buy stuff.

     "What the hell took you so long?" I snapped as soon as we got into his truck.

     "Don't get so snappy with me, Lo. Your mother was so worried I had to stay and calm her down."

     For two hours? That was a lame excuse but I just ignored it. I felt Ady squeeze my hand.

     I hope she doesn't freak out for what I'm going to tell her.