:::::Chapter 42:::::

"Where were you?" Alarick asks sternly.

"I was in the forest talking to Chriselda," Charles answers.

"You could've at least informed me." Charles doesn't say anything. "It's time for us to return to our pack," Alarick says. Matt and I should also return to our pack. We shared the same taxi with Alarick and Charles. We even boarded the same plane. Everything was fine until I realized that I'll be sitting beside Alarick throughout the flight.

"Do you want to change seats with me?" Matt asks when he sees the seating arrangements.

"No. I guess I'll be fine," I tell him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I nod. I make my way towards my seat with Matt following behind me. I occupy the seat beside Alarick and put the seat-belt on. When the plane takes off, Alarick turns his head in my direction and says, "Hi."

I look at him confusingly. "You're talking to me?" I ask while pointing my finger to my chest.

"Yes, I'm talking to you," he replies. Matt and Charles are listening to our conversation even though they are pretending not to.

"How are you?" Alarick asks next.

I give him another confused look. "I guess I'm fine," I say and turn to look ahead. What has happened to him? Why is he even talking to me? Why isn't he ignoring me?

When the plane shudders due to turbulence, I put my arm on the armrest to steady myself but I instantly take my arm back when it brushes against Alarick's. I can feel the awkwardness in the air. Sitting beside him was not as awkward as my arm brushing against his. After that awkward moment, Alarick and I didn't dare to look at each other.

When the plane lands, we all head out the airport to hail a cab. I watch Alarick take out his phone from his jeans pocket. As soon as he switches on the phone, it starts ringing. "Hello Benjamin," he says as he answers the call. Due to our enhanced hearing, Charles, Matt and I are able to hear Benjamin's anxiousness as he speaks.

We all are left shocked as Benjamin informs Alarick that Anne has been kidnapped by Kurt.

Author's Note: Keep supporting the way you always do. :)