36

Harry Styles

It's peaceful on the balcony of that new house, cars rushing past it on the street, and a few people walking. I can't focus on that entirely, but at least I try.

I take a drag of the joint I rolled and look at one of the cars passing at a relatively slower pace than the others. I wonder what he's doing there.

I feel calm, at peace even. I'm happy that he's gone now. I didn't feel this kind of ease after Vegas, this is different. It feels even better because he hurt Dawn, and I won't let anyone get away with hurting her. Seriously.

"Harry?" Suddenly the voice of an angel approaches me from behind.

I turn to look at her, after all, she called. "Yeah?"

"I can't sleep."

She steps closer, and crawls in between my arms, trapping herself between me and the balcony railing. Her eyes look tired. Did I cause that?

I place my hand on the side of her face, gently brushing my thumb over her cheek. "I'm sorry."

"No no, don't be sorry. It's not just that," she buries her head deep in my chest and I hold onto her head.

"What is it then? Because you looked pretty freaked out back there."

"I mean, it was that too, but I just," she says muffled into my shirt but doesn't continue.

"You just?" I pull her away from me so I could hear what she's saying.

"I mean, it was about your brother, right?"

"Yeah," I say shortly.

"Do you maybe want to talk about it? I know in Vegas-"

"There isn't much else to tell you, Dawn," I say, tucking a hair strand behind her ear.

"I feel like there is. How was he even involved in it?"

"He made a shitty batch of drugs, he decided to sell and I bought them and gave them to my brother," I explain briefly.

I see it happening in front of my eyes like it had happened yesterday. It was four years ago, but it still feels recent, still feels fresh. I remember that day in great detail.

"Can you see if Seb wants something to eat!?" Mom says from the kitchen.

I haul myself off the couch and walk down the hallway towards Sebastian's room. He hasn't eaten anything in two days, I doubt it's any different today. Macy really fucked him up.

I genuinely thought that coke would've helped by now, but now I'm not so sure. But there must be a change at least, I spent a ton of money on that shit.

"Hey man, you coming to dinner?" I knock on the door leaning my ear against it. Music is blasting from the speaker.

It's hard to hear a single thing through that music, so I knock louder. "Come on man, mom made dinner!" I try to open the door but it's locked.

"Seb!" I yell when I still don't get an answer. "You can't just lock yourself in your room because some bitch fucked you over, all right? Seb!" I kick the door.

"Okay, you gotta stop that man." It makes me angry that he isn't even responding to me. I kick down the door and it swings open.

I see his body, flat on the floor, shaking. I run up to him.

"Seb come on, snap out of it?" I shake him.

Suddenly his mouth opens and it starts foaming. My eyes go wide in shock. "Bro what the fuck, come on," I pat the sides of his face trying to wake him up.