Chapter 7 - Cheater Cheater Best Friend Eater

The feel of sunshine on my skin is something I will never get tired of. Just the warmth if it can send chills through my body.

I lay on a beach towel at the local beach, sunglasses covering my closed eyes. My headphones are in my ears, playing just loud enough that I only hear the buzz of the people playing and conversing on the beach. I rhythmically tap my fingers against the sand to the beat of the song, just enjoying my peaceful day on the beach.

Thump!

I jolt up straight, pulling my sunglasses off of my eyes and looking around for who just hit me in the head with something, probably a ball. I look around and see a volleyball laying about tree feet from my head, knowing that must have been way hit me.

My temple throbs from where the volleyball hit, but I'm mostly just mad.

"Oh, it was just Maddie!" I hear an annoyingly familiar voice say.

My eyes land on him and they narrow.

"Kian, did you just hit me with that volleyball?" I glare at him, trying to look intimidating with my sunglasses resting low on my nose.

He looks around innocently as if I was talking to someone else.

"Kian," I growl at him, annoyed.

"Sorry Mad Dog," he mocks.

Something stirs inside if me when he calls me this. My face goes soft, losing the hard expression of anger it previously held.

He jogs closer to me and I just now notice he's not wearing a shirt and he's sweating.

I quickly look away from his extremely toned body, trying not to drool.

"Are you okay, Maddie?" He asks, crouching next to me and placing a hot hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. But can you please not hit me with a ball again?" I laugh, rubbing my head.

"Hey, me hitting you with a ball isn't so bad? That's how we met," he jokes.

I roll my eyes and look away.

"Come play with us!" He encourages, putting a hand under my elbow and pulling me up as he stands.

"Kian! Come here!" I yell at him from my bedroom, finding one of his hats under my bed. Why he would have left a hat in my room, I have no clue.

I hear his feet pounding up the stairs, then running through the hall to my room.

I reach under my bed again, finding a scarf belonging to me. I've seriously been here for less than a month, and my room is already dirty.

I hear Kian jump on my bed, seeing his hand dangle next to my face.

"What?" He asks, rolling over onto his back and pushing the top half of his body off of the bed so that he now hands upside down with his head close to the floor.

"Why is your hat under my bed?" I shove the beanie into his face and he grabs it, looking at it.

"I dunno. Did you steal it?" He smirks at me, which looks pretty adorable since he's upside down.

"Why would I steal your beanie?" I question, sticking my tongue out at him.

Suddenly, he sits up on my bed, staying quiet.

I make a confused face, even though he can't see it, before climbing on the bed next to him.

"What's wrong?" I scoot close to him, nudging his side.

I observe him playing at the fabric of his beanie with his long fingers. I end up staring at them. I find large hands and fingers incredibly attractive.

I shake my head, as if to shake the thought out of my head, remembering what Emily told me.

"Why don't you like me?" Kian asks randomly.

I look at him like he's lost his mind. "Of course I like you Kian, I practically spend every day with you!"

"No, Madison," he shakes his head, looking down.

Holy shit. Is he asking me if I like like him? As if more than a friend?

I want desperately to scream out that of course I like him like that, but I refrain.

"Oh, you mean like. As in more than friends?" I say unsurely.

He nods slowly.

Just tell him yes! Ugh.

I remember Emily's words, and keep my mouth sealed for a while.

"Kian," I look away from him and mentally face-palm. I turn back to him and place my hand over his, bringing his eyes up to mine. I don't say anything, hoping he'll get the message from my eyes.

He laughs lightly, smiling at me before leaning in.

At first, I lean in, but at the last second, I suck out of the way if what would have been a kiss.

"What's wrong?" He whispers once he realizes my lips aren't near his.

I put my hand on his shoulder, light pushing so he'll look at me.

"Kian, I-I haven't really heard the best about you." I look away from him.

"What?" He looks at me as though he doesn't understand.

I sigh, looking away.

"What have you heard?" He asks curiously.

"Emily. She told me that...you cheated on her," I explain, looking down at my lap.

He lets out a frustrated groan standing up off of my bed and walking to the window-wall.

He turns back to me, anger in his eyes. He walks back to me, putting a hand on the post of my bed where he is leaning over me.

"I didn't cheat on Emily. She cheated on me," he says harshly, but his eyes show hurt.

I put my hand on his arm, smiling up at him.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly, my eyes straying to where my hand rests in his muscular arm.

"It's all good. I'm better off without her." He places the hand that isn't resting on the bed post on my right cheek, directing my chin up so that I look at him.

He smiles and me and I smile back.

He leans down, closing the space between our faces. He keeps looking at me, I guess to make sure I'm not going to dodge again, taking to much time.

So I quickly stretch my torso, sitting up straight, and press my lips to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) so I realized, that if I expect to finish this fanfic soon, (and my goal to finish is April 12) I will need to update more than just on Fridays.

So you guys can expect at least two updates a week, maybe more if I have time!

Please comment!

And I'd like to thank every single one of you who read and vote on this! It has over 1,000 reads, and it's seriously the fifth highest O2L fanfic, and I think that's an accomplishment. So thank you so much!!!!

I love you, okay?

And you know what I would love? Suggestions! I'd love to know what you guys want from this story!

Also, I think it'd be pretty cool if someone messaged me, you know, just to talk!:)

I promise I'll reply!

Oh, and if you haven't guessed, the song for this chapter is "Cheater Cheater Best Friend Eater" by Never Shout Never! My best friend introduced me to the song and I find it hilarious! And I was writing this and was like... "Hmm, this reminds me of Cheater Cheater Bestfriend Eater" lol I'm rambling.

So yeah, probably an update soon!

Can this get 10 votes?

Even some comments?

That would be lovely!

I love you guys to Pluto and back!

Who actually reads my authors notes? Lol

Just letting you guys know: there is a sequel to this! It's named Over Again! Just go to my page to find it if you've already read this!

xox -Delilah