Chapter 4

Another super quick update! So far I'm going on an update a day! 😊 stay tuned and thanks for reading! I'm not going to ask for favorites and votes or anything in order to update, but they're much appreciated and super encouraging. Even if no one is reading I'm going to keep updating as much as possible! -Tots

I stay out too late
Got nothing in my brain
that's what people say

I ran to the beat of Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. When I woke up the next morning after the party I just needed to run. I felt like shit. It wasn't because I had drank too much at the party, but mainly because when I had arrived home, I met with my mother's disapproving looks. She tried to critique me on how it wasn't lady like to stay out so late, I stayed quiet the entire time, nodding in false agreement; the argument was never worth it. Despite the fact that I was 21 years old, old enough to be taking care of myself, I assumed she was trying to make up for the years she missed by suddenly wanting to play the role.

But I keep cruising,
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music
In my mind
Saying it's gonna be alright

Running helped me clear my mind, I found myself in a park that happened to have a running trail for joggers, since New York City wasn't the most cut out for going for a run.

I'm dancing on my own,
Make the moves up as I go
And that's what they don't know

A familiar head of chocolate hair was a few feet in front of me, shirtless with beads of sweat blessing his back. Jogging with him was another familiar blonde, Liam. I watched as Carson let out the most magical laugh, I soon found myself becoming enchanted. When he smiled he had the most amazing dimples and I found it hard to keep myself from staring. I didn't really want to catch their attention, since it was more than obvious that Carson did not like me. He suddenly glanced back at me, his smile instantly disappearing. Unfortunately, I soon found myself tripping over a crack in the side walk, shooting my hands out in front of me to catch my fall.

"Lucy! Are you okay?" Liam was quick to pull me up and check my hands. He looked genuinely worried for me. I nodded, my face turning a dark shade of red in embarrassment.

"Thanks, mate." I muttered to him.

"Did you just say mate? I was wondering if that was a real thing."

"What?"

"Nevermind." Liam had such a boyish feel to him. He was 100% man, don't get me wrong. His smile reminded me of a puppy and he always had a playful and friendly look in his eye. Golden retriever like boy-man. "Come on Lucy, get lunch with us."

"Or don't. You could go away." Carson narrowed his eyes at me, as if warning me to not accept Liam's offer.

"Don't be a douche, Car." Liam scowled at him before quickly turning to smile at me. "What do you say?"

"No it's fine, I should be headed home now anyways."

"Don't let Carson scare you off. He's just cranky." Liam stuck his tongue out at Carson.

Carson smirked. "Aussie has better things to do than hang around a stray, right?"

"I don't think-"

"It doesn't matter what you think. Well I mean, I guess it does since you're a pure bred." I was really starting to not like this guy. "Why don't you run along to your mommy now."

"Sorry Liam, maybe next time when you have better company to be around." Not only did I surprise myself, I watched as both of their eyes widened in surprise at my snap. I quickly ran off in embarrassment.