Chapter 5

Hey my fabulous, beautiful readers! I am currently sitting at the front desk at work (im a hair stylist but im being sneaky.) and typing this out for yall. Just a warning, this chapter is unedited.... so so sorry ): if yall see anything that needs to be fixed, just comment on it and let me know, it will make my job that much easier ha... and im just kind of being lazy. Also pictured above is Keeley!

As always, thanks for reading - Tots

Heaven can't help me now...

The abandoned building wasn't as scary as it had seemed. It reminded me of an old Hollywood hotel. We took the elevator, that was surprisingly still working, to the very top of the building. I followed Carson out onto the roof, regretting that I had decided to wear 6 inch loubotins as I stepped over discarded broken glass. On the roof you could tell that someone had been coming up there regularly. There was comfortable looking patio furniture, and liquor bottles strewn across the floor. My breath caught in my throat as I took in the view of the skyline, the city lights like a kaleidoscope, lighting the dark sky.

"Best view in New York." Carson smiled, and I instantly caught a rare glimpse of those dimples. His smile was contagious and I soon found myself smiling. I watched as he screwed open the cap of a mysterious substance. Scotch. He took a gulp straight from the bottle before handing it to me with a wink. I looked down at the bottle. Fuck it. After taking a swig from the bottle I found myself standing near the edge of the building, reveling in the breeze. Carson was quiet but I felt his presence. Our silence was comfortable and even though I had no idea what he had brought me out here, I knew he needed someone to be there. For the first time since my father died, I felt like everything was going to be alright. Being on the roof of the abandoned building had soothed my pain in some unexpected way.

"How did you find this place?" I asked curiously. I wanted to know what had brought Carson Knightly to find this building.

"My parents bought it for me." I wasnt even surprised by his answer. It almost seemed as if I had expected it. I felt disappointed, hoping for a mystery or something that would show me Carson Knightly was a deeper person than I thought. "I am suppose to re do the entire building and make it into my own hotel. So far, I haven't done shit."

"Why haven't you done anything?"

"Because I can't be bothered with it." Suddenly cold hearted Carson was back. He let out a dry, emotionless laugh.

"I could help you out if you want.." I cautiously offered.

"I don't need your help." He snorted, pridefully. How arrogant.

"What would a girl like you want with a guy like me?" He narrowed his eyes in disgust, looking me up and down.

"I'm not..." I tried to defend myself before he cut me off.

"You mean to tell me that you aren't a spoiled little girl with a silver spoon in her mouth?" He laughed mockingly in my face, raising an eyebrow. "Prove it, princess."

I had just about had enough of this. He was use to speaking to people how ever he pleased, and so far I had put up with his rude remarks and bipolar attitude, but no more.

"Take me home." I spoke softly.

"What was that?" He hissed.

I spoke up. "Just take me home."

"My pleasure." His voice dripped venom. I just couldnt figure this guy out. One second he was being friendly. the next it was like he flipped a switch and suddenly couldnt stand to be in my presence anymore. Who did he think he was to judge me and jump to conclusions when he barely knew me. We had only just met days before.