Chapter 32-"You are my brother."

Sebastian's POV

I was brooding, sulking around with my menacing eyes according to Sapphire as we continued on our journey. She kept talking: talking about my oath for my pack, talking about the moon, the sun, the earth beneath against the current wind cycles. Then, she began to complain; she complained about her throat, the walk, my silence, my brooding, my menacing eyes, talking and complaining about my state of silence. The only silence I received was when she needed to hunt, to drink, to drain the life from a deer and I was there to chaperone. For the tackle, the crush, the draining of the deer. She forgot to thank the deer for her sacrifice. She forgot or this version of her didn’t care. It was just another creature existing that she didn’t care for. A creature for her to use at will. 

Then she was back to complaining about the taste of the deer, talking and comparing my blood to hers, talking and talking until we reached our home. The home I built for us, for our peace of mind but now my prison. I had no home to go back to. I had no pack, no friends, no members to order around and I missed that part. I missed silencing a room with my appearance. 

I stopped laying eyes on my brother, drinking. I wanted to drink. I wanted to drink this nightmare away. I sat beside him, grabbing one mason jar. 

“You aren’t Alpha anymore.” Nick simply said. “I bet Ethan Rohan is rolling in his grave right now.” 

I smirked, drinking. 

“He’s a mime without the gestures. A brooding mime without the gestures.” Sapphire spoke behind us. 

“It’s alright, Goldilocks. I can take it from here. You should get some rest.” 

She reached down to grab a mason jar. “Fine.” 

I laid back on the grass seeing Sapphire entering the house. She has a great ass. I breathed, fighting the urge to relieve my sexual frustrations. I welcomed the quiet. I closed my eyes. 

“A day ago a Hunter came to your home, knocked on your door presenting Owen with a letter of treason, requesting your exile. Your name was printed on the top in big bold letters. Hunters claimed you killed Alpha Cutis and a stab wound in Alpha Fumas head matched your blade. I figured there was some type of mistake, but of course moments later you forfeit your land, your people, your authority. Packs are looking for you and Hunters won’t stop until they question you then possibly kill you.” He chuckled. “Finally, you cut the cord!” He continued to drink, finishing his jar. “I am proud of you, despite the mess you left Owen to clean up.”

Of course, he wanted this. Of course, he was proud. He didn’t have to deal with mountains of paperwork, train at Alpha Ethan’s side night and day, day and night, he didn’t have the Alpha gene; the pain was slow at first; the ties to my pack weakened in the moment. I have spent my entire life building my legacy and in a matter of days it came crumbling down. 

I didn’t do any of it. 

I didn’t kill anyone. 

Again. 

I should have killed someone if I was going to take the blame. Again.

“Come on. We should be drinking.”

I remained silent. I just wanted to sleep. I finished my drink and I slept under the stars. I just wanted peace and quiet. 

In the morning, I woke up before Nick and Sapphire. Grabbing the net near the doorway, I went fishing, hunting for breakfast. I was calm when I had a goal, I knew what my next steps were, I knew to set the net upstream because the current will push the fish to me; it was simple and easy. Simple, easy and quiet.