Chapter 1: Plans

As I ate breakfast, my phone started blasting "Girl on Fire." CJ. I tapped the speaker button to talk to her.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Are you ready yet?! I'm waiting outside!" She exclaimed. "We're gonna be late!"

Oh... she was driving me to school. "Okay, okay, I'll be out in a minute," I assured her. I grabbed my bag and ran out the front door, to where she was already blasting her horn.

"Stop it," I groaned as I climbed in. "I've had enough of that this morning from my alarm clock."

CJ laughed as she pulled away from the curb and car sped down the street. "Remember what you have to do?" She asked.

"Uh... Oh. Yeah, I remember. It was only last night you dared me. C'mon, CJ, I'm not that dumb." Actually, I would probably have forgotten already if I hadn't spent all last night after I got home from our little party thinking about how exactly I was going to pull this off.

She laughed. "I wouldn't put it past you. And don't call me CJ!"

Yeah, CJ's real name is Calista, but that's what everyone else calls her, plus it's long, and to top it off her last name is Johnson. I couldn't resist. So CJ it is.

"Whatever, CJ," I teased, smirking at her.

"Okay, that's it. I'm kicking you out. You can walk," She snapped, pulling over. I knew she was joking, but I opened the door and slid out. We were close to the school, anyways.

She gaped at me. "I didn't mean-"

"Oh, I know," I told her, grabbing my bag. "But there's Blaze. The dare, remember?"

CJ's mouth dropped open. "Right now?" She whispered, staring at him.

I laughed at her. "Shut your mouth, you dork. And why not?"

Blaze turned in our direction. "Ooh, he's gotten hotter over the summer," CJ shook her head. "Okay, I'm leaving, you go, I'll see you at lunch or whenever."

"Yeah, sure, bye!" I called after her car, which was already speeding away. Way to make me look like an idiot, CJ.

I smiled. What she didn't know, was that I had a different plan. Talk to his friends, then eventually talk to him.

Except as far as I can remember, he doesn't have friends.

Shit.

~~~~~

A/N: Please comment and tell me what you thought of the story so far!