Chapter 16

Posting this because it's shorter than usual...

And because my parents aren't home...

____________________________________

Elena’s POV:

            Saying I felt tired was an understatement. Tyler and Gemma’s flight for some unknown reason was at four-thirty in the morning, and Tyler had woken me up at four in the morning to say goodbye. I need my full amount of sleep without waking up in the middle of it, or else I will be dead tired. That’s what I feel like right now. I feel so tired and all I want to do is go to sleep. Getting my books out of my locker, I shut it and leaned my forehead against the cool metal and let out a sigh.

            “You look dead,” the all too familiar voice teases.

            My head lifts up and I glare at the boy. “’Cause that’s the way you greet your girlfriend,” I say sarcastically.

            Harry bites his bottom pink lip as he smiles cutely. “You look adorable today,” he compliments.

            I roll my eyes. “Nice save,” I say, hoisting my bag on my shoulder.

            “Why so tired?” Harry chuckles.

            “Ty woke me up at four to say goodbye,” I say. “I need something to wake me up.”

            A smirk rests on Harry’s lips as he takes a step towards me and his lips met mine. I smile as I kiss him back, and we pull away. “That wake you up?” he asks, holding the strap of his backpack that rests on his shoulder.

            I grin and nod. “Definitely.”

*************

            “You’re having dinner at my place tonight,” Harry announces from behind me, causing me to spin around and look at him.

            We were at my house after school, chilling in my living room as we eat and watch movies. I look at Harry, furrowing my eyesbrows. “What?” I ask him.

            Harry chuckles, sitting on the couch. “Mum wants you over for dinner.”

            I raise an eyebrow, sitting next to him as I tuck my legs underneath my legs. “Why?” I prop my elbow up on the head of the couch as I rest my palm against my cheek, looking at Harry.

            He shrugs. “Something about wanting to meet you officially.”

            I frown. “But she already has...” I trail off.

            “Yeah, but this time as my girlfriend,” he explains further. “Don’t look at me – I dunno what goes on in my mum’s head.”