Chapter 7:

Dez

"Hello?" She answers the phone.

"I need a favor." I said right away.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Dez." I said and she wasted no time hanging up.

"Dumb ass bitch." I mumbled calling her number back.

"What nigga? How the fuck did you get my number?" She snaps.

"One of my homies. Now, I need a fuckin favor."

"I don't fuckin like you. You treat my friend like shit." Lex says.

I groaned trying to keep my mouth closed right now. This is why me and this broad always go at it. She always wanna come at me for how I treat Tara so I always come at her for how she let these niggas she fool with treat her. She ain't no fuckin better.

"Just fuckin listen." I snap. "You always trying to set Tara up on a date, well set her up on a date with me."

"No, hell no. So you can just continue to cheat on her and hurt her? No."

"I'm trying to fuckin change and do right by Tara. I just need the fuckin chance."

"I don't believe you. She gave you chance after chance. What's different now?"

"I don't wanna lose her for good and I think I might already have..."

*

As I stayed back watching Tara look around the layout of the mini golf course. I knew she thought it was dope and I know she remembers when we use to always go.

As I walked up behind her she was on her phone, but I knew she felt me behind her.

"I'm gonna fuckin kill her." She said once she turned around looking up at me.

"Who? And why?" I ask playing dumb.

"You know who. I don't know how the hell you talked her into letting this happen, but no. No, I'm not doing this." She said turning to walk away.

"Wow, really?" I said gently grabbing her arm to stop her. "So you can go on a date with these niggas but you can't let me take you on one?"

She just stared at me.

"Give me a chance." I said.

"Yes I know. I got chance after chance," I said cutting her off already know what she was gonna say. "but please. I wanna do right by you."

She sighed pulling her arm from my hold and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Four months apart doesn't mean anything Dez. When you were away for college you would be away for sometimes months at a time doing your own thing, come back home and be right up under me again, then go back there doing the same ol shit. So you can't blame me for calling bullshit."

"Come Tara. It's too soon to call bullshit. Work with me here, give me that chance."

She just stares at me again.

"Please. For your very sorry babydaddy?" I ask trying to pout as I grab on to her hips.

She rolled her eyes, but I made her crack a smile.

"You're ugly." She said knowing she's a damn lie. "Fine, we can try this date. First thing first tho," She grabbed my hands removing them. "Keep your hands to yourself. This is only a first date you don't get that privilege buddy."

"So there's gonna be more dates?" I ask grinning.

"Wipe that grin off your face. That's still up for debate." She said before walking off.