Long Fights

Samantha Anderson

Getting back into my apartment was difficult after having the taste of Harry's lips on my own. He was warm. And beautiful.

Yes, I had just referred to Harry Styles as beautiful.

There were no other words to describe him. He was perfection in a human body. Regardless of his shitty and annoying personality, he was growing on me. Slowly and steadily. He was becoming less of a menace and more of a comfort to me.

But there was Luke. My boyfriend and, I hope, the love of my life. Even so, it was becoming more and more difficult for me to feel that way when I had this developing friendship and relationship with Harry.

I'm not saying he was husband material, or even boyfriend material, but I couldn't let my emotions waiver between two people. That was difficult and exhausting and I definitely wasn't that kind of girl.

I opened up my apartment door easily, sliding it open quickly. Luke was still seated on the couch with Riley sitting next to him. They were watching some movie.

"Hello," I said, shutting the door behind me. Luke turned around, his face red. He was angry at me, that was clear.

I could only imagine what Riley had said to him.

"Hey sis," Riley said, standing up and wrapping her thin arms around me. She was dressed in tight spandex shorts and a crop top. "Glad to see you made it home safe. I assume Harry drove you."

"You'd be correct. Thanks for leaving me alone by the way," I snapped, setting my purse down and taking my heels off.

"Yeah, sorry, Aria got there and she said she wasn't feeling well, so I took her home. I assumed that you'd be fine," Riley smiled, a not-so-innocent smile if I were being honest.

I ignored her and went over to the couch, sitting next to Luke, "You okay?"

"I'd really like to talk to you in private," Luke muttered, not ripping his eyes from the TV.

"Of course, let's go into our room," I said, standing up. "Riley, we're going to bed."

"Night you two," she called, looking at us with a smirk.

We both got undressed silently, me pulling on shorts and a t-shirt, him wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, "What's up?"

"What the hell is going on with you and Styles? Riley showed me the internet posts and don't even get me started on the fact that practically every nights ends with you with him or you staying at his house. I need answers, Samantha," he said, his voice raised in the beginning, but slowly getting quieter. He sounded tired and exhausted.

"Luke, it's nothing. He's my boss and that's it," I lied, wishing the confidentiality agreement didn't exist. I wanted to tell Luke everything, so I didn't feel like I was a liar and a horrible person.