Well... Shit

"Your performance is two months away. I would like you all to observe a play before then. So, I have located a gem. It's a highly beauteous play and I know you will all appreciate it."

Looked like Sir had found a play then. He really didn't mess around.

It had been nearly a week since his stressful day and he hadn't really been in the room during my free periods since. It kinda sucked that he wasn't there but I couldn't really say anything.

He had obviously been busy. He didn't have time to spend with a kid like me.

"The play is Othello. I am sure some of you will have heard of it before. It is one of the works of the very well-known, Shakespeare."

Fuck, don't mention that guy. I was analysing his plays in English and Jesus Christ, didn't he know how to speak properly?

"I shall arrange an evening out for us all to see that in a few weeks. Until then, let us start on these plays. Could you sit in your groups please?" Mr Way asked.

The class got up and split into the two groups before looking back over at him expectantly.

"It's time to confirm the casting. I've given you a while to sort it out now. Have a quick discussion and I will come and see what you have decided."

My group arranged ourselves so we were sitting in a circle.

"Okay," Willow spoke up, "Does anyone want to play a part in particular?"

"Actually," Mr Way suddenly appeared next to us, "I have a few preferences."

I raised an eyebrow slightly.

He hadn't been serious last week when he said that I was playing a certain part, had he?

"I would like to see Frank in the role of Adam."

Okay, so he had been serious. I guess I was cool with that and honestly, I felt a little smug.

Mr Way had gone out of his way to see that I got a decent part that would work well for me.

"And could Ally play Theresa."

Never mind then.

Since when was he best buds with Ally?

I glared at her slightly before I realised what I was doing and looked away. Wait, what was I doing?

"The rest of you can sort out the remaining parts between yourselves," He went over to the other group.

Our group slowly began to talk.

"What was that about?" Willow whispered to me.

"I don't know," I shrugged, hoping she would drop it and also because I really didn't know why he wanted me to play that part.

"How come he wants you to play a specific part?" Willow continued.

I avoided her eye contact, "Uh I don't know."

Luckily, she didn't question it further.

It wasn't like I was hiding anything but she might think it was a bit weird that I spent my free periods here.

Was it weird? It wasn't like anything was happening.

Mr Way wasn't even there half of the time.

No, it wasn't weird. Maybe don't bring it up though.

I turned back to my group and listened to them as they casted themselves. That took a while in itself.

Some people wanted the same part as others so they had to read lines and the rest of the group had to vote.