Trails of the Dunya

Allah tell us in the Quran that for all things He has created an "appointed term'. This includes our hardships and struggles. They all have a birth and a death. They all have an appointed term. Every situation in our life has an appointed term, after which they come to an end and/or change.

There have been a few periods of my life when this particular ayah has comforted me so much. It is 'simple', but so profound:

"And be patient for the decision of your Lord, for indeed you are in Our eyes." (52:48)

So many powerful lessons:

1. Allah has your situation covered. So just be patient. Everything has an appointed term. So does this hardship. It will not last forever. And Allah is in charge (the decision of Your Lord).

2. "Indeed you are in Our eyes.": Even *during* the 'appointed lifetime' of the hardship, you are in His eyes. He is taking care of you *during* it. What a comfort!

3. Not only should you have patience because: 1. Allah's command is controlling the situation (and when it will come to an end/change), but also *because* 2. You are in 'His eyes': He is your Guardian even throughout the hardship's 'lifetime'. It is actually by way of the fact that you are in His eyes and protection, that you can be patient. Your ability to be patient, in and of itself, is one of His greatest provisions and gifts.

Summary: It is through the knowledge that God sees what we are going through and is in control that we are able to be patient.
- Yasmin Mogahed

Allah is the only one who sees us in our struggles, He witness what we go through, He sees and feels how our hearts bleed and our mind becomes numb, how the tears flow and how life seems too much to bear, HE KNOWS, HE SEES AND HE FEELS OUR PAIN AND SUFFERING LIKE NO OTHER.
Our mom's cannot stand us seeing in pain or troubled, and He has the love of 70 mothers, you think He will let us suffer?

Be patient for OUR Lord isn't unjust.
Be thankful because He loves those who give thanks.
Be truthful since truth never fails us, neither in this world nor the next.
And be just, because what goes around Allah makes sure it comes around as well.

Hardships aren't easy, but when we want to test someone's love or loyalty or trust what do we do? We put them in a place of hardship where they can prove their love, when we are in hardship and distress, Allah tells us to rely only in Him if we are truly, patient, truthful, thankful and just.
We need to PROVE ourself and we need to put our TRUST in Him.

Musa pbuhs mother placed her trust in Him. She was placed in a position where she had to put her son in a basket and put that basket in the water, in order to save her son's life. And for that one needs TRUST in Allah.
Can you imagine doing something like that to ur child? To ur baby? But she BELIEVED and Allah kept her trust in Him and reunited the mother with her child, and not just that, Musa pbuh was raised in the very household which was initially a threat for him.

The Qur'an is filled with such events where Allah saved people from the hardships, they just had to trust and have patience.

Trust and patience aren't easy, I know and understand and people say read the Qur'an, pray salah that will give you patience and that will help you and we have tried that haven't we? And then we felt even worse, why? Because we didn't feel a thing, we felt more hopeless because we didn't feel like people told us we will, we were supposed to feel at peace and feel great and forget our hardship but because we didn't feel that way we started feeling hopeless and betrayed and lost.
Is Allah angry with us we asked ourselves. Did He forget us? He doesn't love us? Have we been horrible? Then why, why can't we feel Him during the times of hardships, especially during hardships?!
But we all forget one thing, ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING, we are just reading and reciting, but do we know what is being recited and read? Do we know the words we are reading when we open the Qur'an or when we pray salah?

No.

OPEN IT UP PEOPLE, understand what you are reading, understand it, and only with that you will find what you were looking for.
Read it with an open mind, with an open heart. Don't read the Qur'an to relate it to people you dislike, read it to UNDERSTAND IT, TO KNOW IT.

Qur'an is a miracle to the Muslim nation. It cures hearts and treats broken hearts. It mends souls.
The key is understanding. When you say la illaha illal lah understand what it means and what it implies and then feel your heart and souls happiness. Practice it and feel a weight lifting off ur shoulders and hardships melting away.

Read O people of Mohammed pbuh, read with understanding and then see your hardships melting like an ice piece placed in a desert, under the burning sun.

Hardships are from Him to see when and how you come back to Him, make it worth it. We aim for Jannah and for that we need to win in this Dunya. We don't need material things to win. We need guidance, patience, understanding and implementing our DEEN in our daily lives. That's how WE WIN.

May Allah make it easy for us all. Ameen