Chapter 14: The Daydream

04.06.2015

Copyright © June 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14: The Daydream

Sandra Adele Rosé

Earlier this morning when we arrived in front of the building, I felt a little insecure especially because once we all got out and a valet took care of Liam's car, he didn't hesitate to take Adeline off her feet.

At first I thought that he was just pitying her fragile form, but then he turns too me with an arched eyebrow and what made him more attractive were his cheekbone. It just never occurred to me like now of his features, this made me slightly jealous- don't tell him though.

But anyway, I saw that he offered his hand to me patiently waiting for me to accepted the offer. He thought wrong if he believed that I would accepted it, since my mind was somewhere else.

Shouldn't he be worried about walking in like this- I mean don't get me wrong, but there would be hundreds of workers just on the ground floor who will immediately misunderstand what they see.

He studied me with those hard eyes, "Don't tell me you are worried about what they might think." He stated without missing a beat.

Yes.

"No, it's not that. I'm worried how this might affect your normal tough shell." I tried to explain gesturing between us irritably.

He sighs, wearing a poker face. "You over think too much, and it's not like the whole world will find out... if they value their jobs." I glared at him not convinced. "Fine, they can gossip for all I care but we both know the truth right?"

My arms were now crossed as I avoided his eyes at all cost, as he was losing his patients with an annoyed look on his face. "Okay fine." I gave in unwillingly, because people around the sidewalks and streets began pecking at us while walking the busy streets.

Ade was bored by now with her head resting on his shoulder as her hands were around his neck. I ignored the fact that their hair color were closely similar- except my daughters hair was much darker.

This time he didn't ask but instead he grabbed my wrist firmly, pulling be along like that was appropriate towards the entrance. I demanded for him to let me go, and he did when we were entering.

I followed closely behind him after rubbing my wrist Liam had a firm grip on earlier. It wasn't as clique as I thought they would be, because both men and women only spared as a curious glance, before turning back to their work.

Liam said a few words to the lady at the front desk which I wasn't paying attention to, but I got the message when she looked at me with acid shining through her eye. She never liked me since day one. I rolled my eyes in my head.

We got to the elevator but when it reached the ground floor it emptied out and Liam stepped in after ushering me inside, the guy had the guts to not let anyone else on who have been waiting before our arrival.

"You didn't have to do that." I mumbled under my breath, once the elevator ascended up to the last floor.

"I can do much worse, sweetheart." His voice informed bitterly as always and this made me scold openly at him.

So the air in the small space filled with tension- at least for me it did. I just couldn't wait to get out of here, but then again it's a long way up. By the time the doors to the elevator opened to reveal the fast floor, I was covered in my sweat- literally, and out of breath. I made my move to exit that extremely small space, however I should have been more- what's the word?- graceful, because Liam send me a disapproving look at first.