01

NONE OF MY CHAPTERS ARE CHECKED,
PLEASE EXCUSE ERRORS AND FILL IN
THE WORDS YOURSELF IF YOU MUST.

MONDAY
AUGUST 21, 2028
8:01PM

╭┉┈•◦•◦ "I'M GONE, JAH." my roommate, jocelyn informed me as she stepped out the door, "bye.." i croaked without opening my eyes. i didn't move an inch, knowing that if i did i would probably get up and not be able to go back to sleep but i instantly failed after reaching for my cell phone and checking the time, "damn, it's eight already?" i sighed as i finally took a look around my dorm room, seeing the sun peeking through the white curtains. i mumbled numerous profanities knowing that i chose morning courses, mine specifically starts at nine thirty. i put my phone down next to me and sat up in bed, scratching my bonnet, "i fuckin hate my life," i groaned as i threw my head back in what seemed to be pure agony. i got out of my silky red sheets before grabbing some clothes along with my shower bag before slipping on some slides and shorts, i sighed as i walked to my door and unlocked it before exiting and finding my way into the large halls.

as i walked, i heard a huff from behind me, making me slowly turn my head, my eyes connected with olivia's brown ones, "hey ally, bad morning for you too?" i questioned while adjusting my tote bag on my shoulder, she walked up next to me so we could speak properly, "girl it's monday, when is it ever a good morning?" she groaned. olivia was studying the same major with me, fine arts, though i was also studying music, which was a minor. "hopefully the showers aren't too full yet, i woke up when joce left." i mumbled as we walked towards the bathrooms, "she probably chose morning courses for that reason, so she could get to the showers extra early— i mean it's beneficial when you think about it," olivia continued, making me shake my head, "nah, why would i wake up at five in the damn morning every day? fuck that." i smiled as we finally reached the double doors labeled 'girls bathroom'.

"uh-huh, so how's that music minor doing?" she probed, making me instantly roll my eyes at the thought, "the class is amazing, but there's this one nigga named ethan that's like the damn favorite. like everyone loves him too ally, it gets on my damn nerves," i ranted, "like every time we take a test, he always gets a better score than me and then guess what? the nigga offered to tutor me like i wasn't like ten points below him!" i huffed as me and olivia put our stuff down near the showers we were gonna be using, "ah, i think i know who you're talking about, we went to middle school together i think, niggas used to call him notti.. i think they still do not even gon' hold ya." olivia spilled, making me whip my head her way.

"you know him? oh my god." i groaned, "okay but why does it irk you so much that he's just a little bit more talented? isn't it a class full of students?" she quizzed, turning on her shower and removing her shirt, i turned around to give her privacy before speaking up, "because he's so damn sweet to only me! like he's cool with the guys in the class, he doesn't even look near the girls, but then when it comes to me he wants to be a fuckin chatterbox like nigga i don't fuck wit' you! he's killing me with his kindness, ally." i rolled my eyes as i turned on my shower and also removed my shirt since olivia stepped into the shower already, "right.. so you're mad because he's better than you and because he's nice to you?" she reiterated, "ugh, you're making it sound bad." i replied as i removed the rest of my clothing and stepped underneath the warm water.

"cause' that's exactly how it sounds? what're you gaining from not liking him?" she laughed, and i groaned loudly again, "ally you don't have to start going all yoda on me!"

"fuck you mean 'go yoda' nigga i'm telling you the truth! we grown ain't we? gotta act like it." she reasoned, making me roll my eyes because i knew that the bitch was right. "mm, whatever." i sassed as i washed my body with the liquid soap from my bag, once i was finished, i rinsed myself off and turned off the water. i cautiously dug through my bag and found my towel before wrapping it around my naked body and tying it up, "you know that jalisa girl?" i muttered to olivia as i lathered myself in coco butter, "which one?" she quizzed.