Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Laying in bed has never made me feel so depressed. I loved being lazy but not when I was so sad.

Someone knocked on my door, but I was not in the mood to talk to anyone. "Go away!" I muttered into my pillow.

They didn't listen. Whoever was at my door walked into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. "Poppy, do you want to talk?" Mom asked me.

"No," I muttered. "I want to cry instead."

Mom sighed. "Why did Grayson break up with you?"

"Why do you care?" I asked. "You hate him anyway."

"That's not true Poppy," Mom said. "I didn't approve of him, but seeing you cry over him made me see that he means something to you and that's all I want. For you to be happy."

That got me to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and Mom handed me a tissue. "Thanks," I said quietly.

"Now why don't you tell me what happened?" Mom asked.

I wiped away my tears. "I don't even know what happened. He dropped me off and said we need to break up. I really like him, Mom. He's the only one who didn't treat me like an enemy because of what happened with Ben."

"I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding," Mom assured, but I knew it wasn't.

I shook my head. "He was very clear about it." I flopped back down on my bed and cried some more in my pillow. I couldn't believe that Grayson was just throwing away what we had. I thought he really liked me. I thought he knew I liked him.

"Poppy," Mom said. "First heartbreaks are hard, trust me. You'll get through this."

"I don't want to get through it," I said between sobs. "I don't want it to happen." I wanted Grayson here with me now, telling me everything was okay. I wanted Grayson to hold my hand or pull me into one of his comforting hugs. I just wanted Grayson.

I guess I was stupid to fall for the bad boy.

Mom stood up. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'll be here for you." She left, closing the door behind her. I had to admit, she was acting way different. She wasn't telling me that Grayson breaking up with me was a good thing so I wouldn't have to be with a 'bad influence' anymore. It was odd because yesterday, I snapped at her, telling her everything I hated that she did. I told her how I felt and instead of her getting angry, she was consoling me over the break up.

I cried some more into my pillow, which I had been doing all day, before realizing how hungry I was. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I didn't want to starve either, so I wiped my eyes before heading down the stairs with my blanket wrapped tightly around me in a comforting hug.

Tony was in the kitchen, cooking something that smelled delicious. He glanced over at me. "Hey," he said. "How are you doing?"

"Do I look like I'm doing fine?" I asked. "I just came down here to eat. Then I'm going back upstairs to cry more."

Tony sighed. "First heartbreak, huh? It gets better, though. Maybe you'll meet someone amazing from it?"

"What if I don't want to?" I asked. "What if I only want Grayson?"

"I know you're hurting," Tony said. "But that doesn't mean that you won't get over him."

"I'm not going to," I refused.

"Poppy........" Tony began, but I stopped him.

"No," I interrupted. "Tony, you don't understand at all. Grayson is the only one who doesn't treat me like an enemy at my school. Belle turned everyone against me, except for him." I sighed. "I'm not hungry anymore."

I went upstairs and cried some more. Oh heart. Why did you have to fall for the bad boy?

_______________________

A/N: I know this chapter is very short. It was more of a filler chapter. Trust me, the next one will be better. We see Grayson yet again and we meet a new character.