38: turning tables

WE GOT TO #43 IN FAN FICTION !!1!!1!11! KEEP COMMENTING & VOTING 💰💰😘

Jess

"Stop being so squirrelly. This is why I hardly do any of these anymore."

I laugh. "This is your job, dummy."

"We have to get to a meeting in an hour," Jane chimed, unamused and impatiently.

Our laughter halted as we glanced at her. Her prickly mood had worsened over the weeks. To top it all off, the tour started in a week and four days. A stressed Jane was hard on everyone, but now we've got a bad mood 24/7 Jane on top of that.

"Alright," Harry broke the silence and adjusted his camera. I was still frowning at Jane, but Harry just winked at me and put a smile on his face. My mind switched away from Miss Grumpy Pants and to Mr. Hottie instead.

"Can I get more light, Keegan?" Harry asked one of the crew members and pressed his face to his camera again, his mouth opening slightly due to his squinting.

I smiled to the camera and ruffled my hair with my hands. Nicki Minaj played through the stereo I had my phone connected to. In between shots, I'd start singing along to the songs and making myself look like a fool while I pretended to perform The Night is Still Young.

My nose started to get itchy as Harry took a few more pictures and I rubbed it, then soon after sneezed. While that went on, the camera flashed a couple of times.

We both looked up at each other at the same time. I had a look of accusation, while he had a look of amusement.

"You did not just..."

He chuckled and took the camera off the stand it was on, looking at something on the screen. "Oh, I did."

I was sure shock was written all over my face and Harry was holding back his laughter. Jane looked at the both of us with a disapproving look and I wanted to scream at her.

"I think I got all of the shots. You can have your superstar back," Harry said in a nonchalant tone, meant to piss her off even more. He pressed a few more buttons on his camera and took off the lens.

"I'll see you at the studio?" I tell him. "And you better delete those pictures."

"I'm keeping those forever," he said, giving me a brief smile and then went to help a few men take down the backdrop.

I spun on my heels and walked into the dressing room down a hallway with "Jessica Steele" scribbled messily on a small whiteboard.

I changed out of the outfit that would be seen on countless of my concert tees and posters and sweatshirts. I slipped back on my light washed capris and red sweater. I was putting in my gold hoop earrings as I was hurried out of the room by Jane.

We both got into her car and started our way towards the offices. Neither of us said anything. I just scrolled through my Twitter timeline, and then she suddenly spoke up.

"I'm pretty sure you're gonna enjoy this meeting."

•••

"Next week?" I sputter.

"Next week," Mark confirms, with a firm nod.

"You're kidding," Nick states in disbelief.

"This is no joke. By next week, the media will hopefully believe that you two have split. On good terms of course. But you should both be cautious about moving on so quickly afterwards. They'd love to create any kind of lingering story about you two."