Adrenaline Rush.

*AN - For those of you following the soundtrack to this book I have chosen Superhuman by Velvet Revolver for this chapter - it had to be really :) *

It was dark when Elsa reached the warehouse, she knew that was the way Sebastian preferred it and she figured she needed all the help she could get.

She didn’t call out when she arrived like she normally would but headed to the room that Sebastian called home and paused before setting her shoulders and knocking on the door.

She listened intently and heard his breathing, his pulse and his tension; he hadn’t heard her approach.

“Sebastian, it’s me, Elsa,” she said and she heard him walking to the door. It opened and he looked surprised.

“Did we_?” he began. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt that clung in all the right places, his feet were bare, his hair was tousled and he ran a hand through it. She wanted to pounce on him right then and there.

Elsa stopped him mid question, “No, we did not arrange to meet, I’m sorry for turning up unannounced but it’s not like you have a phone and I wanted to talk to you.”

Sebastian looked a little confused, he looked like he’d been asleep, “I have a phone.”

“Not what I wanted to talk about,” Elsa said, “Can I come in?”

He stood aside then, “Sure, come in.” She felt him tense and draw in his breath as she walked past him. Not good.

“Is everything ok?” he asked, leaning on the edge of a workbench, arms folded.

“Yes, no, I mean, yes it is.” Elsa felt suddenly flustered and began to pace. She didn’t realise she was moving at vampire speed until Sebastian reached out to stop her.

“Woah,” he said, “I can barely follow you when you go that fast, what’s wrong?” He removed the hand that had held her arm for a moment and looked awkward.

“That’s what’s wrong!” Elsa said, stepping towards him, “I thought things had changed between us, maybe moved forward? Now you’re pulling back again and I’m not sure what I did wrong.”

Sebastian dropped his head and didn’t say anything or a few seconds that felt like an eternity to Elsa, “You didn’t do anything wrong,” he said finally, “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what? Sorry for kissing me?”

“No!” His head snapped up and Elsa felt her heart leap.

“No?” she said.

“No. I am not sorry about that, I’m just sorry I’m really not very good at this,” he looked pained, “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“What do you mean?” Elsa asked, “Pulling away from me will hurt me Sebastian and that’s what I’ve been feeling you do.”

He shook his head looking frustrated, “I don’t mean emotionally Elsa.”

She was momentarily confused and then his meaning dawned on her, “Oh.”

“I trust you and I want to be with you, I do,” She felt the honesty in his words and it was the sweetest sound she had ever heard, “But I can’t always control myself,” he continued, “When my emotions run high, when I get an adrenaline rush or anything like that, it’s harder for me to control the monster inside me.”

Despite what he was saying, Elsa was smiling, “Do I give you an adrenaline rush?” she asked slyly.

Sebastian looked at her imploringly, “Please Elsa, I’m being serious.”

“I know, I’m sorry,” Elsa stepped closer again but Sebastian stood up and walked over to the other side of the room.

“The fact is you do give me an adrenaline rush,” he said, “When we were kissing, my wings, my eyes, I had no control over that, it was all I could do to hold the rest back.”

“But you did hold it back.” Elsa said turning towards him but respecting the distance he’d put between them for now.

“What if I can’t always?” He looked slightly embarrassed and if she could have, Elsa would have blushed too, she was enough in tune with Sebastian’s thoughts and feelings to know what he was thinking.

“I don’t believe you would ever hurt me,” she said, trying to put him at ease, “I really don’t and, if things ever did get out of control you know I can handle myself.”

Sebastian looked doubtful and Elsa sighed, “You’ve not seen anywhere near half of what I can do,” she said, “So I can move fast, learn quickly and my senses are heightened even more than yours but I’m strong too, really strong and don’t forget, virtually indestructible.” Now she began to move closer to him, “I know that I could fight you off if I had to but I also know that I won’t have to because I don’t think your monster is as bad as you think he is Sebastian, I think you are stronger than him.” She was standing directly in front of him now and he hadn’t moved.

“What if I’m not?” he said and she could feel his burning desire to believe what she was saying.

“You are,” she was so close now she could feel his warm breath on her face.

“I’ve done terrible things Elsa, you don’t know what I’m capable of,” he still wouldn’t meet her eyes.

“I know you,” she said and her voice was almost a whisper, “And you are not the sum of the things you’ve done; please don’t push me away.”

He closed his eyes and touched his forehead to hers, “I don’t want to.”

She leaned up towards him, “Then don’t.” She felt suddenly confident and as his hands tried to push her back she resisted him, instead forcing him swiftly back against the wall. He gasped and finally his eyes met hers, glowing a fiery amber.

“I told you,” she said, her own eyes glinting, “I’m strong.”

He studied her face for a moment as she pinned him against the wall, he was trying to decide what to do, whether to give in or hold back. His walls were crumbling once more and she knew she had to just hold his gaze, to let him know that she wasn’t scared of him and he didn’t have to be scared either.

It worked; he gathered her up in his arms and kissed her deeply, finally releasing himself to what they both wanted.

“You think I can control myself around you,” he growled as their lips parted, his hand ran from her waist, around her back and up to her neck with a firm pressure and he looked at her hungrily, “I am never so out of control as I am around you.” And he was kissing her again and she surrendered to it fully, her own animalistic desires taking over. She too felt out of control but in the most wonderful way possible. She slid her hands under his t-shirt enjoy the full impact of her skin on his and he groaned. She felt empowered, as if she was winning a great battle and she pulled him in even closer, pressing her body against his.

Sebastian scooped her up off her feet and moved across the room as she wrapped her legs around his waist and the kiss became deeper and more and more heated. He sat her on the edge of a bench and she was dimly aware of the crash of various items as they scattered onto the floor. Her arm shot out to steady herself and a set of metal shelves went flying across the room. She felt the wall buckle against her back but she didn’t care. She was completely lost in Sebastian and he in her. There was only one way this was going to end.

*AN - Sorry to stop it there folks but this is in the teen fiction category! I'm working hard to portray these (clears throat) 'romantic' scenes between Elsa and Sebastian in the right way - let me know what you think! *