♚7. AFTERMATH

"Success and failure are not overnight experiences: It's all the small decisions along the way that cause people to fail or succeed

"Success and failure are not overnight experiences: It's all the small decisions along the way that cause people to fail or succeed." - Unknown

J o r d y n T a m e

MY HEART RACED as I thought about the events that had happened yesterday. Yuri and Isabella had informed me that Lexis was taken to the hospital. That troubled me because whatever force is living inside him wasn't there to benefit him. And it was all my fault.

I was selfish. I wanted to so badly force something out of him that I knew deeply he couldn't give. Why did I push him so hard? Why couldn't I just leave it? Why did I long for him? This feeling I had in me was...irrational.

I had gotten lucky. There was so much more that could have taken place. What if Lexis hadn't of warned me? What if I would have stayed?

I couldn't even bring myself to go to the human educational facility today. I was so consumed into what I have done. It was on constant repeat into my brain and I knew that attending school today would just make me feel worse.

I sit on my bed hugging my knees while trying to collect myself together. A light knock on my door enters my ears taking me out of my trance.

I become angry; knowing that it was most likely Mason at my door here to question why I refused to attend school today.

"Go away." I hiss out.

I wasn't in the mood for any confrontation today. I just wanted to be alone and think. I had to ponder about what could have happened moments ago.

"Hello, Jordyn. I'm great. Thanks for being so polite." The sarcastic voice of Brooke hits my ears causing my lips to curl into a small smile.

I slowly get out of the bed and unlock the door. I open the door revealing the blonde giving me a questioning look. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she had her arms crossed.

"Where the hell were you today? We were supposed to revise." She questions accusingly.

I shrugged not knowing what to tell her. I knew no excuse I could blurt out would sit well with her. Brooke's eyebrows become even more furrowed. She gently removes her hand from her hip and places it on my shoulder. Her blue eyes pouring deep into mine.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? What happened?" She asks frantically causing me to shake my head. I sigh not knowing how to put my frustration and fear into words.

I didn't know if I could even trust Brooke. The last person I trusted with everything I had in my head was Talia...and one could only imagine.

Brooke sighs before taking her hand away from my shoulder. "Can I come inside?" She asks.