time to pretend

He nodded towards the trees and I spotted a t-shirt hanging in one of them. Great now he wanted to speak to me. I spun around and headed into the trees grabbing the t-shirt on the way. I shifted and cringed at the sight of my scarred body. I sighed and slipped the t-shirt on and was glad it reached to my knees. I walked back into the small clearing and found a very gorgeous man standing where the wolf was. He was wearing a loose fitting pair of sweats that hung off his hips and his chest was bare and I got a good look at his perfect abs. He had shaggy blond hair that hung in his still silver eyes and his arms were crossed over his chest as he watched me walk closer to him.               

                “I’m sorry you caught me on your territory,” I whispered. I had to make it look like I was here on accident rather than to get Clayton

                “You smell like the white water pack with a hint of the dark edge pack,” he growled as he eyed me. I wanted to flinch under his gaze but I held still.

                “Im the third in command in the white water pack but I just came from the dark edge pack,” I told him. He eyed me as if he knew I was lying but he didn’t say anything about it

                “This is a long way to come considering the white water pack lives in the other direction,” he commented.

                “I know but I was upset and my wolf just ran not caring where she went,” I sighed and rubbed my upper arm uncomfortably.

                “I see. Well I’m Clark. I will take you back to my pack house so you can rest then you can contact your pack and tell them you are safe,” he said and I froze. How the hell was I supposed to fake calling my pack? With his great wolf hearing he would be able to hear everything I or the person on the other side said. I just hoped kale and heather would know to play along.

                “I’m cadence by the way,” I said as we walked down a small path.

                “Nice to meet you cadence,” he said and smiled at me. He led me out of the woods and I was staring up at a very large mansion. Wolves were everywhere playing around. A group of teenagers were gathered around a small fire laughing with each other. Little kids were following their mothers inside after a long day of playing in the large yard. A few odd wolves were walking out of the woods and towards the house with smiles on their faces. A few large SUVs’ pulled up and a bunch more people stepped out and headed into the house laughing and talking with each other.

                “This is my pack,” Clark said with pride in his voice.

                “They look very happy,” I commented. I searched the wolves for Clayton but I didn’t see his dark hair or bright blue eyes amongst them.

                “They are. We are off the charts and have nothing to worry about,” he said as he led me into the large house. “Let’s get you something to eat and then you can call your pack.” He led me into a large kitchen where a small group of people around my age were talking.

                “Who’s this Clark?” a man asked as he smiled at me. He had spiky dark brown hair and bright green eyes. He wore a white t-shirt that hung his perfect body that was leaning against the counter.

                “This is Cadence. Cadence this is my cousin and second in command Carlos,” Clark said.

                “Nice to meet you cadence. This is my mate Avery and her little sister Kate and her mate Luca,” Carlos said pointing everyone out. They all said hi to me and I quickly returned it. I was shocked with what had happened to these people how nice they were to a random stranger that was standing in their kitchen.

                “Here eat this,” Clark said handing me a very good looking sandwich. I quickly grabbed it and ate it in about four bites. Carlos raised an eye brow while everyone else chuckled but they didn’t say anything. I hadn’t eaten since last night because I hadn’t gotten a chance to eat breakfast so of course I was starving.

                Suddenly Clark’s hand appeared in front of my face and he held a phone in it. “You really need to tell you pack or at least someone where you are and that you are safe. They will be very worried,” he said his gaze soft. I reluctantly took the phone and left the room to find somewhere quiet. I found the empty living room and sat on one of the many couches and stared at the phone for what seemed like forever. How the hell was I going to let them know that I was faking a phone call? I took a deep breath and called heathers cell phone

                It only rang once before she picked up. “Hello?” she asked slowly.

                “It’s me heather,” I said my voice tense. I hoped she would catch the tone in my voice and go along with it.

                “Cadence! Are you okay? Its been almost two hours!” she growled and I closed my eyes.

                “Heather just take a breath,” I sighed with a slight growl in my voice. “Everything is okay and I’m just phoning to let you know I am okay.”

                “Did you get to the house?” she asked and I just wanted to slap my forehead. Apparently she didn’t understand what I was trying to do.

                “Give the phone to kale heather,” I growled and she hesitated but gave the phone to her brother.

                “Kale don’t say anything. I need to tell you I am okay and that everything is okay,” I said with the same tone.

                “Okay cadence I’m just glad your okay. Please come home as soon as you can but phone me when you are sure everything else is okay,” he said and I wanted to dance around in joy that he caught what I was saying.

                “Okay thank you kale I will phone you later,” I said and hung up the phone.

“Why don’t you want to go home. They seem really worried about you,” Clark asked from behind me and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

well heres the next part guys :) i hope you enjoyed it. three more comments and i will update another part tonight!! and remember to vote!!