Chapter One

Ever wonder what the road we take will lead us to? How many roads to take to get us where we need to be?

Well, so many of us wonder those same questions. I hate to think that one of my best friends can be going down the wrong path, but she doesn't believe me.

No one ever does.

That's why my road is better off closed-off.

This is the High Road.

***************************************************

Demi was walking along the sidewalk towards my house, from the grocery store.. I notice Jo from of the corner of my eye and I just try to ignore her.

Joanna feels as if someone is watching her, making her look over at Demi but doesn't say anything. She gets into her car then drives off to a warehouse

"I can't believe she of all people doesn't believe me. She used to be my friend." I mumble to my self as I continue to walk back to my house, with groceries in my arms.

******

Logan was jogging around in his neighborhood, he passes by Anna. When he sees her, a smile grows across his face. He waves at the blonde.

Anna was planting new flowers in front of her house when Logan passed by. She glances over her shoulder and spots Logan waving at her, so she waves and gives a polite smile back.

*******

Joanna parks outside of the warehouse, locks her car and walks in fiercely. "Well, where is he? because I do not have time for this.." Joanna asks, impatiently as she crosses her arms, looking around.

"He's on his way Joanna, make yourself comfortable." Todd smirks as he stands in front of her with his hands resting into his pockets.

Joanna speeds over to him and pins him against the wall. "You do not want to mess with me. Not today.. Tell him that if he wants to meet with me, to make his meeting public.. " She drops the Todd then walks out of the warehouse, clearly annoyed. She gets into her car then drives to her house.

Jesse sees Joanna release Todd and take off, "What the hell? Dude!" he calls to Todd. "What happened?"

******

Logan smiles then scratches the back of his neck.

Anna walks over to him, "You okay?" she asked with a smile across her face.

He nods hesitantly feeling as if he were back in high school again feeling nervous. "yeah.. yeah I'm good." He chuckled nervously.